This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Research on the Sound Quality Contribution of Vehicle Body Panel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Sound quality of vehicle interior noise affects passenger comfort. In order to improve the sound quality of a micro commercial vehicle, the vehicle interior noise under different conditions such as idle, constant speeds and accelerating is recorded by using artificial head with dual microphones. The sound quality of recorded noise is evaluated in both objective and subjective ways. Physical parameters of interior noise are calculated objectively, and annoyance score is analyzed subjectively using paired-comparison method. According to the regression analyzing of the annoyance score and the physical parameters, an objective evaluation parameter of the sound quality is employed. To analyze the vehicle body panel contribution to interior noise sound quality, the location and spectrum characteristics of major panel emission noise sources are identified based on partial singular valued decomposition (PSVD) method. By investigating the contribution of each noise sources to the sound quality evaluation formula, the dominant interior noise source is determined. That provides technical support for subsequent research on improving the sound quality of vehicles.
CitationYan, L., Jiang, W., and Zhou, J., "A Research on the Sound Quality Contribution of Vehicle Body Panel," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0896, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0896.
- Zwicker , E. , Fastl , H. Psychoacoustic: facts and models
- Otto , N. , Amman , S. , Eaton , C. , and Lake , S. Guidelines for Jury Evaluations of Automotive Sounds SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1822 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1822
- Carletti , E. , Pedrielli , F. , Casazza , C. Annoyance Prediction Model for assessing the acoustic comfort at the operator station of compact loaders 16th International Congress on Sound and Vibration 2009
- Jin , Y. K. , Jin , Y. , Ho , Y. C. Sound radiation and sound quality characteristics of refrigerator noise in real living environment Applied Acoustics 68 1118 1134 2007
- Lim , Teik C Automotive panel noise contribution modelling based on finite element and measured structural-acoustic spectra Applied Acoustics 60 505 519 2000
- Jiang , W. K. Acoustic Systems with Multiple Incoherent Sources and Its Applications in Studying Noises Radiated from Vehicle Engine Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University E-3 1 68 75 1998
- Yan , Li , Jiang , W. K. Research on the procedure for analyzing the sound quality contribution of sound sources and its application Applied Acoustics 79C 75 80 2014 10.1016/j.apacoust.2013.12.008
- DIN 45631 1991 Procedure for calculating loudness level and loudness
- ISO 532 1975 Method B, for calculating the loudness of steady complex sounds for which one-third octave band analyses have been obtained