This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Active Control Strategy for Flat Tire Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper first presents an algorithm to detect tire blowout based on wheel speed sensor signals, which either reduces the cost for a TPMS or provides a backup in case it fails, and a tire blowout model considering different tire pressure is also built based on the UniTire model. The vehicle dynamic model uses commercial software CarSim. After detecting tire blowout, the active braking control, based on a 2DOF reference model, determines an optimal correcting yaw moment and the braking forces that slow down and stop the vehicle, based on a linear quadratic regulator. Then the braking force commands are further translated into target pressure command for each wheel cylinder to ensure the target braking forces are generated. Some simulations are conducted to verify the active control strategy. From the simulation results, it is shown that this active brake control strategy can not only ensure the flat tire vehicle stability, but also slow down the vehicle with a safe speed and for a shorter distance.
|Technical Paper||Rapid Soft Fault Recovery|
|Technical Paper||Predictive Control Algorithm Based on Dynamic Stability Matrix Method for DSC|
CitationLiu, H., Deng, W., Zong, C., and Wu, J., "Development of Active Control Strategy for Flat Tire Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0859, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0859.
- Kong-hui GUO , Jiang HUANG , Xiao-lin SONG Analysis and Control of Vehicle Movement with Blown-out Tire [J] Automotive Engineering 2007 29 12 1041 1045 1109
- Robinette , R. and Fay , R. , Drag and Steering Effects From Disablements of Run Flat Tires SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1316 2000 10.4271/2000-01-1316
- Blythe , W. , Day , T. , and Grimes , W. , 3-Dimensional Simulation of Vehicle Response to Tire Blow-outs SAE Technical Paper 980221 1998 10.4271/980221
- Orengo Fabio , Ray Malcolm H. , Plaxico Chuck A. Modeling tire blow-out in roadside hardware simulations using LS-DYNA[C] ASME IMECE Washington, D.C. November 2003
- Patwardhan S , TanH S , Tomizuka M. Experimental Results of a Tire-burst Controller for AHS[J] Control. Eng. Practice 1997 1615 1622
- Jian-zhong FU , Yong SHI The Tire Pressure Monitoring and Vehicle Deceleration System for Tire Blow-out [J] Automotive Engineering 2006 4 1 199 202
- Li , S. , Zong , C. , Chen , G. , and He , L. , A Control Algorithm for Electric Power Steering of Tire Blowout Vehicle to Reduce the Impact Torque on Steering Wheel SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1239 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1239
- Guo , K. and Ren , L. , A Unified Semi-Empirical Tire Model with HigherAccuracy and Less Parameters SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0785 1999 10.4271/1999-01-0785
- Ying-lin Wang Study on Vehicle Dynamic Response to Tire Blow-out Based on CarSim and UniTire [D] Jilin University 2007
- Zhuo Ma VEHICLE HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEM MODELING AND STUDY ON ROAD PARAMETER ESTIMATION [D] Harbin Institute of Technology 2007
- Hong-ni ZHOU , Jian-min TAO Study on Influence of sideslip Angle and Yaw Rate on Vehicle Stability [J] Journal of Hubei Automotive Industries Institute 2008 4 1 6 10