This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vacuum Cleaning Vehicle Dust Subsidence System Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Vacuum cleaning vehicle is the necessary equipment for the Municipal Sanitation Department to keep the road surface clean and the dust subsidence system is the heart unit for the proper function of the cleaning vehicle. The reasonable design of this system could increase the load capacity of the vehicle and be convenient for the garbage collecting and dumping. Meanwhile, the engine power could be relatively reduced and the influence on the environment duo to the dusty air in the outlet could be also effectively improved.
In the study, the gravity dedusting principle is used firstly for structure design to reduce the flow rate of dust particles inside the lower part of the dust subsidence system. The ruleless collision loss among dust particles is reduced and thereby the fan power is saved. By means of a reasonable separated chamber design and the use of inertia baffle, the sort management for dust particles is developed and the work stress of the export filter is released observably. Through a sophisticated design, the cyclone dedusting is achieved for furthering the deposition of tiny dust particles. The result shows that, the dust from the air exhausted system is acceptable and the secondary pollution of the vacuum cleaning vehicle is reasonably controlled.
CitationTan, G., Chen, M., Xu, H., Luo, B. et al., "Vacuum Cleaning Vehicle Dust Subsidence System Design," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0750, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0750.
- Shu Wang Vacuum Cleaning Vehicle Explore the New Way in Domestic Road Sweeper Market Commercial Vehicle Magazine 7 2007
- Bihong Li Structure Design and Optimization of the Airstream System for Vacuum Sweeper Shanghai Jiao Tong University 2006
- Chuandian Hu Ventilation and Dust Removal Equipment Design Manual Chemical Industry Press 2003
- Yong Sun Design Optimization and Simulation Analysis on Pneumatic System on Vacuum Sweeper Northeastern University 2008
- Mukhopadhyay , N. , Chakrabarti , R. , and Bose , P. A New Theoretical Approach of Designing Cyclone Separator for Controlling Diesel Soot Particulate Emission SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1978 2006 10.4271/2006-01-1978
- Mills David , Jones Mark G. , Agarwal Vijay K. handbook of Pneumatic conveying engineering CRC Press 2004