This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Requirements on Real-Time-Capable Automotive Ethernet Architectures
ISSN: 1946-4614, e-ISSN: 1946-4622
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Axer, P., Thiele, D., Ernst, R., Diemer, J. et al., "Requirements on Real-Time-Capable Automotive Ethernet Architectures," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars – Electron. Electr. Syst. 7(2):384-393, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0245.
- Forwarding and Queuing Enhancements for Time-Sensitive Streams, IEEE Standard 802.1Qav-2009, 2009
- Katevenis, M, Sidiropoulos, S., Courcoubetis, C.: Weighted Round-Robin Cell Multiplexing in a General-Purpose ATM Switch Chip. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 9, no. 8, 1991
- Kopetz, H., Ademaj, A., Grillinger, P., and Steinhammer, K., “The time-triggered Ethernet (TTE) design,” In IEEE International Symposium on Object-Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC), pages 22-33, 2005.
- Henia, R, Hamann, A., Jersak, M., Racu, R., et al., “System Level Performance Analysis - the SymTA/S Approach,” In IEE Proceedings Computers and Digital Techniques, 2005.
- Diemer, J., Axer, P., and Ernst, R., “Compositional Performance Analysis in Python with pyCPA,” In 3rd International Workshop on Analysis Tools and Methodologies for Embedded and Real-time Systems (WATERS), July 2012.
- Thiele, L., Chakraborty, S., and Naedele, M., “Real-time calculus for scheduling hard real-time systems,” In The 27th Annual International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), Volume 4, 2000.
- Tindell, K.W., Bruns, A., and Wellings, A.J. “An extensible approach for analysing fixed priority hard real-time tasks,” RTSS, 1994.
- Schliecker, S., Rox, J., Ivers, M., and Ernst, R., “Providing Accurate Event Models for the Analysis of Heterogeneous Multiprocessor Systems,” In Proc. 6th International Conference on Hardware Software Codesign and System Synthesis (CODES-ISSS), Atlanta, GA, October 2008.
- Palencia, J. and Harbour, M., “Offset-based response time analysis of distributed systems scheduled under EDF,” In Proceedings of the Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, pages 3-12, July 2003.
- Lee, K.C., Lee, S., and Lee, M.H., “Worst Case Communication Delay of Real-Time Industrial Switched Ethernet With Multiple Levels,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, October 2006.
- Davis, R. I. and Burns, A., “Controller Area Network (CAN) Schedulability Analysis: Refuted, Revisited and Revised,” Real-Time Systems, 35, 2007.
- Rox, J. and Ernst, R., “Formal Timing Analysis of Full Duplex Switched Based Ethernet Network Architectures,” SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0455, 2010, doi:10.4271/2010-01-0455.
- Diemer, J., Thiele, D., and Ernst, R., “Formal Worst-Case Timing Analysis of Ethernet Topologies with Strict-Priority and AVB Switching,” In IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Embedded Systems, 2012.
- Imtiaz, J., Jasperneite, J., and Han, L., “A performance study of Ethernet Audio Video Bridging (AVB) for Industrial real-time communication,” In IEEE Conference on Emerging Technologies Factory Automation, 2009.
- Diemer, J., Rox, J., and Ernst, R., “Modeling of Ethernet AVB Networks for Worst-Case Timing Analysis,” In MATHMOD - Vienna International Conference on Mathematical Modelling, Vienna, Austria, 2012.
- Georges, J.-P., Divoux, T., and Rondeau, E., “Strict Priority versus Weighted Fair Queueing in Switched Ethernet Networks for Time Critical Applications,” In Proceedings of the IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, April 2005.
- Thiele, D., Diemer, J., Axer, P., Ernst, R., et al., “Improved Formal Worst-Case Timing Analysis of Weighted Round Robin Scheduling for Ethernet,” In Proc. of CODES+ISSS, September, 2013.
- Bauer, H., Scharbarg, J.-L., and Fraboul, C., “Worst-case end-to-end delay analysis of an avionics AFDX network,” In Design, Automation Test in Europe Conference Exhibition (DATE), 2010.
- Bauer, H., Scharbarg, J.-L., and Fraboul, C., “Worst-Case Backlog Evaluation of Avionics Switched Ethernet Networks with the Trajectory Approach,” In Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS), July 2012.
- Gutiérrez, J.J., Palencia, J.C.P, and Harbour, M.G.H., “Response Time Analysis in AFDX Networks,” In XIV Jornadas de Tiempo Real, February 2011.
- Tamas-Selicean, D., Pop, P., and Steiner, W., “Synthesis of communication schedules for TTEthernet-based mixed-criticality systems,” In Proceedings of the international conference on Hardware/software codesign and system synthesis, CODES+ISSS '12. ACM, 2012.
- Schliecker, S., Diemer, J., “Quantifying the Timing Quality of Ethernet-based Network Configurations - What is the ‘Bus Load’ of my Ethernet network?,” Presentation at the 3rd Ethernet & IP @ Automotive Technology Day, Germany, September 2013. Available Online: http://www.ethemettechnologyday.com/downloads/archive/3rd/14 Schlicker_Symtavision.pdf
- SymTA/S by Symtavision GmbH, www.symtavision.com
- Revsbech, K., Schiøler, H., Madsen T.K., and Nielsen, J.J., “Worst-case traversal time modelling of Ethernet based in-car networks using real time calculus,” In Proceedings of the international conferences on Smart spaces and next generation wired/wireless networking, NEW2AN'11/ruSMART'11, Springer-Verlag, 2011
|Technical Paper||Design of a High Efficiency In-Vehicle Network with a Single ECU for a Network (SEN)|
|Technical Paper||Introducing Attribute-Based Access Control to AUTOSAR|
|Technical Paper||Safe and Secure Development: Challenges and Opportunities|