This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Estimation of the Real Vehicle Velocity Based on UKF and PSO
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The unscented Kalman filter (UKF) is applied to estimate the real vehicle velocity. The velocity estimation algorithm uses lateral acceleration, longitudinal acceleration and yaw rate as inputs. The non-linear vehicle model and Dugoff tire model are built as the estimation model of UKF. Some parameters of Dugoff tire model and vehicle, which can't be measured directly, are identified by the particle swarm optimization (PSO). For the purpose of evaluating the algorithm, the estimation values of UKF are compared with measurements of the Inertial and GPS Navigation system. Besides, the real time property of UKF is tested by xPC Target, which is a real-time software environment from MathWorks. The result of the real vehicle experiment demonstrates the availability of the UKF and PSO in vehicle velocity estimation.
|Technical Paper||Parameter Identification of Tire Model Based on Improved Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm|
|Journal Article||A Probabilistic Approach to Hydroplaning Potential and Risk|
CitationZhuo, G. and Zhang, F., "Estimation of the Real Vehicle Velocity Based on UKF and PSO," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0107, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0107.
- Venhovens , P.J. , and Naab , K. Vehicle Dynamics Estimation Using Kalman Filters Vehicle System Dynamics 32 2 171 184 1999
- Zong , C. , Hu , D. , Yang , X. , Pan , Z. et al. Vehicle driving state estimation based on extended Kalman Filter Journal of jilin university engineering and technology edition 39 1 7 11 2009
- Zhang , Y. , Chu , L. , Shi , Y. , Xu , M. et al. Vehicle velocity estimation based on unscented Kalman Filter Journal of jilin university engineering and technology edition 40 85 90 2010
- Zhao , Y. , and Lin , F. Vehicle state estimation based on Unscented Kalman Filter Algorithm Chinese Mechanical Engineering 05 615 619+629 2010
- Julier , S.J. , and Uhlmann , J.K. A new extension of the Kalman filter to nonlinear systems Proc. AeroSense: 11th Int. Symp. Aerospace/Defense Sensing, Simulation and Controls 182 193 1997
- Julier , S.J. The Scaled Unscented Transformation Proc. Amer. Contrl Conf. 4555 4559 2002
- Eberhart , R.C. , and Kennedy , J. A new optimizer using particle swarm theory in Proc. 6th Int. Symp. Micro Machine and Human Science Nagoya, Japan 39 43 1995
- Song , X. , Li , H. , and Guo , K. Parameter identification of the tire model based on an improved particle swarm optimization Technology Review 09 53 56 2011
- Dugoff , H. , Fancher , P.S. , and Segal , L. Tire performance characteristics affecting vehicle response to steering and breaking control inputs The Univ. of Michigan, Highway Safety Res. Inst. of Sci. and Technol. Ann Arbor, MI 1969