This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimization of Body Structure for Road Noise Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It is common knowledge that body structure is an important factor of road noise performance. Thus, a high stiffness of body system is required, and determining their optimized stiffness and structure is necessary. Therefore, a method for improving body stiffness and validating the relationship between stiffness and road noise through CAE and experimental trials was tested. Furthermore, a guideline for optimizing body structure for road noise performance was suggested.
CitationKim, H., Oh, S., Kim, K., Lee, J. et al., "Optimization of Body Structure for Road Noise Performance," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0010, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0010.
- SAE NVH Conference Structure borne NVH Workshop SAE 2005 Noise and Vibration Conference June 2005
- Craig Roy R , Jr. Mechanical Of Materials, Second edition John wiley & sons 89-7085-474-6 93550
- Roebuck , Kevin Theory of Inventive Problem Solving TRIZ Tebbo 1743044933
- Kim Sungwon A study of High Stiffness B.I.W Structure KSAE technical paper 2011
- Kim , H. , DO , J. , oh , S. , and Kim , K. Optimization of Body Attachment for Road Noise Performance SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0369 2013 10.4271/2013-01-0369
- Malen , D.E. Fundamentals of Automobile Body Structure Design SAE International Warrendale, PA 978-0-7680-2169-1 2011
- Tsujiuchi , N. , Koizumi , T. , Takenaka , T. , and Iwagase , T. A Stiffness Optimization Procedure for Automobile Rubber Mounts SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1445 2001 10.4271/2001-01-1445
- Kim , K. and Choi , I. Design Optimization Analysis of Body Attachment for NVH Performance Improvements SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1604 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1604
- Alexander Kruse NVH Improvement of Car Suspension using Transfer Path and Running Mode Analysis