This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Vibration and Noise of an Internal Combustion Engine by Application of Test and Experimental Analysis of the Frequency Spectrum
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The problems of vibration and noise from an internal combustion engine are common because of the wide variety of parts and components that make up an internal combustion engine. In recent years engines have evolved considerably in relation to the control of vibration and noise emitted, since these effects reduce the useful life of the internal components of the engine itself and, besides giving discomfort to the occupants of the vehicle. The objective of this work was to identify and describe the main sources of vibration and noise in an internal combustion engine. The methodology used in this work involved instrumentation of an internal combustion engine (Otto cycle), the experimental tests of the engine on a test bench and involved the application of analytical techniques for treatment and analysis of experimental data.
|Technical Paper||Towards an Objective Estimate of the Subjective Reaction to Diesel Engine Noise|
|Technical Paper||Nissan's New Multivalve DI Diesel Engine Series|
|Technical Paper||Noise and Vibration Reduction Technology for Rotary Engine|
CitationSantana, C., Barros, J., and de Almeida, H., "Analysis of Vibration and Noise of an Internal Combustion Engine by Application of Test and Experimental Analysis of the Frequency Spectrum," SAE Technical Paper 2013-36-0103, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-36-0103.
- HEYWOOD , John B. Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals 1 New York McGraw-Hill, Inc. 1988
- BOSCH , R. Manual de Tecnologia Automotiva 25 São Paulo Edgard Blücher 2005
- GANESAN , V. Internal Combustion Engines 1 New York McGraw-Hill, Inc. 1995
- BAÊTA , J. G. Metodologia Experimental para a Maximização do Desempenho de um Motor Multicombustível Turbo alimentado sem Prejuízo à Eficiência Energética Global Belo Horizonte Tese de Doutorado, Engenharia Mecânica, UFMG 2006
- BARROS , J. E. M. Estudo de Motores de Combustão Interna Aplicando Análise Orientada a Objetos Belo Horizonte Engenharia Mecânica, UFMG 2003
- GERGES , SAMIR NAGI YOUSRI Ruídos e Vibrações Veiculares 1 Florianópolis 2005
- SILVA , C,W Vibration: Fundamentals and Practice Boca Raton CRC Press LLC 2000