This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Technology for Measuring Dynamic Deformation of Motorcycle Bodies
Published October 15, 2013 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation ability available
In this study, a technology for measuring dynamic deformation of motorcycle bodies in running is developed. The deformation has significant association with the maneuverability and stability of motorcycles. The developed system by combining the numerical simulation and the measurement of strains enable application of the measurement of dynamic deformation of motorcycles. This paper reports technical details of the system and measurement results of dynamic deformation of motorcycle bodies.
- Yasushi Nakamura - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Kazuhiro Ichikawa - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Takumi Kawasaki - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Yasuhisa Okabe - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Hiroshi Ishii - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Akiyuki Yamasaki - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
CitationNakamura, Y., Ichikawa, K., Kawasaki, T., Okabe, Y. et al., "Development of Technology for Measuring Dynamic Deformation of Motorcycle Bodies," SAE Technical Paper 2013-32-9165, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-32-9165.
- Koga. H. , Satoh. T. , Ueda. E. , Morita. Y. , Sasaki. T. , Matsuda. I. Body Transformation and Vehicle Behavior Measurement during Real Running Journal of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan 65 7 60 63 2011
- Kyuse , M. , Umehara , K. , and Hadjit , R. Prediction of Transient Body Deformation During Handling Maneuvers SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0945 2010