This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Self Adaptive Front Lighting Mechanism for the Fixed Headlamp Mounted Two Wheelers
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 09, 2013 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
A sports segment two wheelers should never compromise in styling, performance and safety. One of the styling and performance improving feature is adding fairing to the vehicle with the headlamp fixed in it. The headlamp will not rotate with the steering system causing visibility issues to the rider during cornering. In order to correct these visibility issues, a self adaptive front lighting mechanism has been constructed to rotate the headlamp about its vertical and longitudinal axes during cornering based on the steering angle and the vehicle lean angle. Visibility area has been increased significantly towards the inner side of the corner. This system works mechanically to make it affordable in Indian market.
|Technical Paper||Low Cost Standalone Unit for Static Bending Lamp Operation|
|Technical Paper||Benefits of Applying Adaptive Headlighting to the Current U.S. and European Low-Beam Patterns|
CitationVarlakati, S., Yogaraja, V., and Sudharsan, S., "Self Adaptive Front Lighting Mechanism for the Fixed Headlamp Mounted Two Wheelers," SAE Technical Paper 2013-26-0065, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-26-0065.
- Nakano Shinichi et al. Development of Advanced Safety Motorcycle SAE Paper No. 2006-32-0112 2006 10.4271/2006-32-0112
- Motoki Masanori , Hashimoto Hiroshi and Hirao Tamotsu Study on Visibility and Discomfort Glare of Adaptive Front Lighting System (afs) for Motorcycles 09-0385 Japan Automobile Research Institute Japan
- Fry Anthony , Hager Joseph , Kershaw James , Olasin Michael and Reeves Matthew Corner Adapting Motorcycle Headlight 23 Capstone Design Program Boston Nov 05 2007
- AIS-010 2005 Performance Requirements of Lighting and Light - Signaling Devices for L Category Vehicles, their Rrailers and Semi - Trailers and Vehicles Treated as Such Automotive Industry Standard India 2005
- Cossalter , Vittore Motorcycle Dynamics Second 2006