This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Directions of Counteracting Manipulations of Digital Recorders in the Light of the Safety Functioning of the Digital Tachographs System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 09, 2013 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
A tachograph which belongs to the group of ORD devices is the oldest recorder (On Board Recording Devices), and the duty of taking it was led into the USA already in 1939. In order to solve all these problems, they led with Directive of Advice No. 2135/98 from 24 September 1998 of the August of 2004 from the beginning of in the area of the European Union, new type of registering setting up in the road transport - digital tachograph. In order to make it impossible to abuse, a complex system of keys was applied cryptological and of certificates, saved in grating and devices, letting for explicit determining entitlements of users and authenticities of data, cards and devices. In spite of using the most modern keys and securing systems, with respect to elements of the system of digital tachographs a lot of modus operandis were observed so that they registered wrong sizes. The European Union took right action in order to prevent, nevertheless they must be implemented into the everyday life. This paper includes information about level of manipulation of digital tachograph and their elements, ways of manipulation of digital tachograph and future ways of counteracting manipulations.
CitationRychter, M., "Directions of Counteracting Manipulations of Digital Recorders in the Light of the Safety Functioning of the Digital Tachographs System," SAE Technical Paper 2013-26-0017, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-26-0017.
- Blecker, T., Kersten, W., Meyer, M., “High - Performance Logistics: Methods and Technologies”, Berlin 2009.
- Rychter, M., “Budowa i Zastosowanie Systemu Tachografi i Cyfrowej”, Publishing of Motor Transport Institute, Warsaw 2010 and 2011.
- Furgel, I., Lemke, K., “A Review of the Digital Tachograph System (in:) Lemke K., Paar Ch., Wolf M., Embedded Security in Cars: Security Current and Future Automotive it Applications”, Birkhäuser 2006.
- Desworte, Y., Quiquater, J.J., Gollmann, C. Meadows, Computer Security: Proceedings. Lourain-la-Neuve, 5th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, Belgium, September 1998.
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 1266/2009 of 16 December 2009 adapting for the tenth time to technical progress Council Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 on recording equipment in road transport (Official Journal L 339, 22/12/2009 P. 0003 - 0023).
- Commission Regulation (EC) No 1360/2002 of 13 June 2002 adapting for the seventh time to technical progress Council Regulation (EEC) No 3821/85 on recording equipment in road transport (Official Journal L 207, 05/08/2002 P. 0001 - 0252).
- MIDT documentation.