This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation Prospective - Ride and Handling Characteristics of an ATV using MR Damper Input Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 27, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 8th SAEINDIA International Mobility Conference & Exposition and Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress 2013 (SIMCOMVEC)
This paper illustrates the problem of improving ride and handling characteristics of an All Terrain Vehicle (International BAJA) using Input based control. Based on the virtual model seven DOF mathematical model is developed. Fuzzy control system is developed and incorporated to assist MATLAB SIMULINK program in the simulation process, to suppress vertical heave motion of the ATV as well as improve the handling characteristics also. In ATV front wheels (both left and right fitted with conventional dampers) are provided with IR sensor, which gives the input to the rear suspensions through the developed Fuzzy control system. Rear suspensions are fitted with OEM MR Dampers (MRD). Steering wheel sensor gives the direction of the steering position and this input is given to Fuzzy. Simulation results show that the projected process furnish better results of both ride and handling characteristics.
|Technical Paper||Mathematical Modeling in Vehicle Ride Dynamics|
|Technical Paper||A Numerical Study for Optimizing Vehicle Dynamics Control Systems in Offset Impacts|
CitationKamalakkannan, K. and ELAYAPERUMAL, A., "Simulation Prospective - Ride and Handling Characteristics of an ATV using MR Damper Input Control," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2863, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2863.
- Kamalakkannan , K. Input Based Control of Full Car Model (ATV) Semi Active Suspension System-Simulation SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1926 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1926
- Chooi W W and Oyadiji S 2009 Mathematical Modeling, Analysis, and Design of Magneto rheological Dampers Trans. ASME, J. Vib. Acoust.
- Karnoop , D. Crosby , M.J and Farwood R. A Vibration Control using semi active Force Generators ASME Journal of Engineering Industry 1996 2 619 626
- Guglielmino Emanuele et.al Semi active suspension Control Springer 2008
- Dong Xiao-min , Yu Miao , Liao Chang-rong , Chen Wei-min Comparative research on SAS control Strategies for MR Suspension Non linear Dynamics 2010 59 433 453
- Prabakar R.S. , Sujatha C. , Narayanan S. Optimal Semi-Active Preview Control Response of a Half Car vehicle Model with MRD Journal of Sound and Vibration 326 2009 400 420 Elsevier
- Spelta Cristiano , Savaresi Sergio M. and Fabbri Luca Experimental analysis of a Motor Cycle SA rear suspension Control Engineering Practice Elsevier 18 2010 1239 1250
- Ryu Seong pil , Park Young Jin , Su Moonsk Ride Quality Analysis of a Tracked Vehicle Suspension with Preview Control Journal of Terra Mechanics 48 2011 409 417
- Kamalakkannan K. , ElayaPerumal A. and Mangalaraman Sathyaprasad Input advanced control of semi active half car heave model Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology Springer 27 2013 1225 1231