This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Testing of a Hydraulic Hybrid Concept for Off-Highway Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 24, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper illustrates the development of a hydraulic hybrid powertrain concept for off-highway vehicles, which is the result of a three-year program at Dana's advanced technology centers. Engineers have conducted extensive simulations and tests while equipping a demonstration vehicle to determine feasibility, develop advanced features, and quantify benefits of hydraulic hybridization for traction. The system concept and operation as well as its development process are illustrated, focusing the system engineering principles and on the model-based approach to system design, control, and energy analysis. Experimental results are provided.
CitationSerrao, L., Ornella, G., Burgio, G., and Cosoli, E., "Development and Testing of a Hydraulic Hybrid Concept for Off-Highway Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2427, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2427.
- Wu B. , Lin C.C. , Filipi Z. , Peng H. , Assanis D. Optimal Power Management for a Hydraulic Hybrid Delivery Truck Vehicle System Dynamics 42 1-2 23 40 2004
- Shan M. Modeling and Control Strategy for Series Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicles PhD Dissertation University of Toledo 2009
- Anthony A. Modeling and Analysis of Hydraulic Loa Sensing Strategies in Off Highway Equipment University of Parma 2011
- Cross M.A. Optimal Control: an Effective Method for Designing Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicles MS Thesis Purdue University 2011
- Filipi Z. and Kim Y.J. Hydraulic Hybrid Propulsion for Heavy Vehicles: Combining the Simulation and Engine-In-the-Loop Techniques to Maximize the Fuel Economy and Emission Benefits Oil & Gas Science and Technology - Rev. IFP 65 1 155 178 2010
- PSA Hybrid Air, an innovative full hybrid gasoline system http://www.sae.org/mags/sve/11778
- Eaton Corporation Hydraulic Launch Assist (HLA) http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/Truck/HybridPower/SystemsOverview/HydraulicHybrid/index.htm
- Bosch AG Hydrostatic Regenerative Braking System http://www.boschrexroth.com/en/xc/products/systems/mobile_hydraulics_systems/hrb/index
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Systems Engineering Handbook v3.2.2 INCOSE-TP-2003-002-03.2.2 SE Handbook Working Group
- VDI Standard 2206 Design methodology for mechatronic systems June 2004