This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Air Evolution Influence on Gravity Fuel Flow under Decreased Pressure Conditions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 17, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The experimental results of air evolution research by gravity fuel flow in a pipeline are presented. The pipe-line included an inclined section and a horizontal section connected by a bend. An orifice was installed at the entrance of the inclined pipeline section. The experimental investigations were carried out at pressures ranging from 20 to 80 kPa and temperatures varying between −20°C and +20°C. A significant fuel flow drop was observed by decreasing the pressure to a certain boundary value. This effect was caused by air evolution and the formation of two-phase air-fuel flow. It was shown that the boundary pressure value corresponding to the air evolution onset depended on temperature and fuel velocity values.
- Dmitry Bondarenko - EADS
- Darren Morrison - Airbus Operations Ltd.
- Vladimir Zherebtsov - RNC Applied Chemistry
- Marina Peganova - RNC Applied Chemistry
- Oleg Merkulov - RNC Applied Chemistry
- Ekaterina Kitanina - Saint-Petersburg Politechnical University
- Eduard Kitanin - Saint-Petersburg Politechnical University
CitationMorrison, D., Zherebtsov, V., Peganova, M., Merkulov, O. et al., "Air Evolution Influence on Gravity Fuel Flow under Decreased Pressure Conditions," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2185, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2185.
- Chisholm D. Two-phase flow in pipelines and heat exchangers G. Godwin 1983
- Lockhart R. W. , Martinelli R. C. Proposed correlation of data for isothermal two-phase, two-component flow in pipes Chem. Engng Progr. 1949 45 1 38 48
- Multiphase handbook Crowe Clayton T. Taylor and Francis 2005 1220
- Azzi A. , Friedel L. , Belaadi S. Two-phase gas/liquid flow pressure loss in bends Forschung im Ingenieurwesen 2000 65 309 318
- Zysin V.A. , Baranov G.A. , Barilovich V.A. , Parfenova T.N. Boiling adiabatic flows M.: Atomizdat 1976 152c
- Thermal and hydraulic calculation method of nuclear power plants heat exchangers Fedorovich E.D. et al L: NPO ZKTI 1991 211c
- Kumzerova E.Yu , Kitanin E.L. , Chernyshov A.S. , Shmidt A.A. Fuel degassing in a pipe by pressure decreasing conditions ZhTF Letters 2007 33 #16
- Kumzerova E.Yu. , Schmidt A.A. Bubble nucleation in ducts (numerical simulation) Proc. of 3 rd International Symposium on Two-Phase Flow Modelling and Experimentation Italy, Pisa 2004 88-467-1075-4
- Idelchik I.E. Hydroulic loss handbook 1992 672 c
- Handbook of aviation fuel properties Coordination research council, inc Report № 635 2004 418
- Standard test method for estimation of solubility of gases in petroleum liquids ASTM Standards, ASTM D2779-92 2012