This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Non-Harmonic Radiation Noise Source Identification of Engines Based on the Cepstrum Analysis and Analytic Hierarchy Process
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 13, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a method to identify the radiation noise source of diesel engine based on a Cepstrum Analysis (CA) and Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). Through measuring noise and surface vibrations of a diesel engine, cepstrum analysis is applied to the measured signals. In an investigation of the radiation noise source, the hierarchy tree and judgment matrix are given. Through identification, the main noise source is found. The results show that the left body contributes maximally to non-harmonic spectral characteristics of noise. Therefore, in order to reduce engine vibration and noise effectively, we should optimize and improve left body. In addition, optimizing and improving gear chamber casing, oil pan, inlet pan and valve chamber cover can decrease harmonic vibration and noise of engine.
|Technical Paper||Noise from Vibration|
|Technical Paper||The Application of a New Software Tool for Separating Engine Combustion and Mechanical Noise Excitation|
|Technical Paper||Procedure for Separating Noise Sources of Combustion Engines|
CitationLiang, X., "Non-Harmonic Radiation Noise Source Identification of Engines Based on the Cepstrum Analysis and Analytic Hierarchy Process," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1975, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1975.
- Dayou Ma Noise Control [M] Beijing Science Press 1987
- Norton , M. P. Fundamentals of noise and vibration analysis for engineers [M] CambridgeUniversity Press 1989
- Tianren , Yao , Hong , Kong Modern Digital Signal Processing [M] Wuhan HuazhongUniversity of Science and Technology Press 1999
- Xiongxi Zhang . Zhenxing Liu Fault detection for motor based on cepstrum analysis [J] Power System Protection and Control 2010 38 20 145 147
- Aixi Xu , Xiyang Wang , Min Wang Application of Gearbox Fault Diagnosis Method Based on Cepstrum[J] Mechanical engineer 2011 2 88 89
- Badaoui , M E , Guillet , F , Daniere , J New applications of the real cepstrum to gear signals, including definition of a robust fault indicator [J] Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 2004 18 5 1031 1046
- Taghvaei M , Beck S B M , Staszewski W J Leak detection in pipelines using cepstrum analysis [J] Meas. Sci. Technol. 2006 17 367 372
- Radish Kumar , B. , Bhat Jayashree S. , and Prasad , Neitica Cepstral Analysis of Voice in Persons with Vocal Nodules [J] Journal of Voice 2010 24 6 651 653
- Cheng , Heng , Cheng , Minghuang The Application of Cepstrum on Gear Fault Diagnosis [J] Journal Of Taiyuan University of Technology 2003 34 6 661 663
- Saaty T L The Analytic Hierarchy Process New York McGraw-Hill 1980
- Saaty TL Fundamentals of Decision Making And Priority Theory with the Analytic Pierarchy Process Pittsburgh RWS Publications 1994
- Bodin Lawrence , Gass Saul I. On Teaching the Analytic Hierarchy Process Computers & Operations Research 30 2003 1487 1497
- Ge-qun , SHU , Xing-yu , LIANG Identification of Complex Diesel Engine Noise Source based on coherent power spectrum analysis Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 2007 21 1 405 416