This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Operating Mode and Simulation Study for an Electromagnetic Coupling Hybrid Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Based on the concept of dynamic servo, an electromagnetic coupling hybrid electric vehicle is developed. The system structure, working principle and control strategy of the vehicle are analyzed respectively. The simulation model of the vehicle is built using Matlab/Simulink software, and the output torque of ICE, EM and DRM is simulated in UDDS driving cycle. The simulation and test results show that the output torque can meet the requirements of driving cycle, and the efficiency of EM is always in high efficiency area.
CitationChen, H. and Zuo, C., "Operating Mode and Simulation Study for an Electromagnetic Coupling Hybrid Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1482, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1482.
- Duoba, M., Ng, H., and Larsen, R., “Characterization and Comparison of Two Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs) - Honda Insight and Toyota Prius,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1335, 2001, doi: 10.4271/2001-01-1335.
- Wang, F., Mao, X.J., Yang, L., Zhuo, B. et al., “Control algorithm and parameter match for an electromagnetic coupling hybrid electric bus,” Journal of Xi'an Jiaotong University, 42(3): 342-346, 2008.
- Al-Aawar, N., Hijazi, T.M., and Arkadan, A.A., “Particle swarm optimization of coupled electromechanical systems,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 47(5): 1314-1317, 2011, doi: 10.1109/TMAG.2010.2096802.
- Tong, C., Zheng, P., Zhao, J., Wu, Q. et al., “Investigation of a unified controller of compound structure permanent-magnet synchronous machine for HEV applications,” Electromagnetic Field Computation (CEFC), 2010 14th Biennial IEEE Conference On, pp1-1, 2010, doi: 10.1109/CEFC.2010.5481329.
- Eriksson, S.and Sadarangani, C., “A four-quadrant HEV drive system,” In Proceedings of the 56th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, vol.3, pp1510-1514, 2002, doi: 10.1109/VETECF.2002.1040468.
- Li, Q., Fan, T., Zhao, F., Wen, X. et al., “Electromagnetic coupling analysis of permanent magnet dual mechanical ports machine,” Electric Information and Control Engineering (ICEICE), 2011 International Conference On, pp5889-5892, 2011.
- McDonough, M., Shamsi, P., and Fahimi, B., “Application of multi-port power electronic interface for contactless transfer of energy in automotive applications,” Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference (VPPC), 2011 IEEE, pp1-6, 2011, doi: 10.1109/VPPC.2011.6043184.
- Magnussen, F.and Sadarangani, C., “Electromagnetic transducer for hybrid electric vehicles,” Nordic Workshop on Power and Industrial Electronics, pp12-14, 2002.
- Zheng, P., Liu, R., Wu, Q., Zhao, J. et al., “Magnetic coupling analysis of four-quadrant transducer used for hybrid electric vehicles,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 43(6): 2597-2599, 2007, doi: 10.1109/TMAG.2007.892861.
- Minagawa, Y., Nakano, M., Arimitsu, M., and Akatsu, K., “New Concept Motor with Dual Rotors Driven by Harmonic AC,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2857, 2002, doi: 10.4271/2002-01-2857.
- Nordlund, E.and Sadarangani, C., “Four-quadrant energy transducer for hybrid electrical vehicles simulations and system description,” EVS 19, Busan, Korea, 2002.
- Hoeijmakers, M.J.and Rondel, M., “The electrical variable transmission in a city bus,” 35th IEEE Power Electronics Specialist Conference, vol.4, pp2773-2778, 2004, doi: 10.1109/PESC.2004.1355272.
- Zhu, X., Cheng, M., Zhao, W., Liu, C. et al., “A transient cosimulation approach to performance analysis of hybrid excited doubly salient machine considering indirect field-circuit coupling,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 43(6): 2558-2560, 2007, doi: 10.1109/TMAG.2007.893318.
- Zheng, P., Liu, R., Thelin, P., Nordlund, E. et al., “Research on the parameters and performances of a 4QT prototype machine used for HEV,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 43(1): 443-446, 2006, doi: 10.1109/TMAG.2006.887539.
- Luo, Y., Tan, D., and Meng, F., “Power flow analysis and application simulation of electromagnetic continuously variable transmission,” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering (English Edition), 21(6): 48-56, 2008, doi: 10.3901/CJME.2008.06.048.
- Lee, Y.H.and Nasiri, A., “Analysis and modeling of conductive EMI noise of power electronics converters in electric and hybrid electric vehicles,” Conference Proceeding-IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition-APEC, pp1952-1957, 2008, doi: 10.1109/APEC.2008.4522995.