This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Constitutive Model of Ti40 Alloy Sheet Based on DIC Measurement
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Based on the experimental data of true stress-strain measured by DIC (Digital Image Correlation) combined with the data from a tensile test machine, the methodology for establishing a constitutive model for Ti40 alloy sheet is presented in this paper. The procedure is demonstrated by building the constitutive relationship for Ti40 alloy sheet. As the verification of the constitutive relationship, a force-displacement diagram is simulated by FEA (Finite Element Analysis). A comparison of force-displacement diagram obtained separately by FEA and the tensile test machine is made and the result shows that the method for establishing the constitutive relationship for Ti40 alloy sheet presented in this paper are reliable and considerately accurate. As a material constitutive model, the establishment of constitutive relationship of Ti40 alloy sheet will effectively provide the experimental validation for FEA in activities of the high accurate non-linear numerical simulation for sheet-metal manufacturing of structural parts with complicated geometry.
CitationJiang, J., Wang, H., and Gu, J., "Constitutive Model of Ti40 Alloy Sheet Based on DIC Measurement," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1427, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1427.
- Hosford, W. F. and Caddell, R. M., Metal Forming, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1993, pp.49-58.
- Sutton, M. A., Wolters, W. J., Peters, W. H., Ranson, W. F., and McNeill, S. R., “Determination of Displacements Using an Improved Digital Image Correlation Method,” Image Vis. Comput., Vol. 1, No. 3, 1983, pp.133-139.
- Sutton, M. A., Turner, J. L., and Bruck, H. A., “Full-Field Representation of Discretely Sampled Surface Deformation for Displacement and Strain Analysis,” Exp. Mech., Vol. 31(2), 1991, pp. 168-177.
- Amodio, D., Broggiato, G. B., Campana, F., and Newaz, G. M., “Digital Speckle Correlation for Strain Measurement by Image Analysis,” Exp. Mech., Vol. 43(4), 2003, pp. 396-402.
- Gothekar, A., “Validation of Digital Image Correlation for Sheet Metal Strain Measurement,” SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0955, 2010, doi:10.4271/2010-01-0955.
- ASTM E8, 2010, “E8 Standard Test Method of Testing of metallic Materials,” Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Vol. 3.01, ASTM International. West Conshohocken, PA.
- Sutton, M. A., Orteu, J. J., and Schreier, H., Image Correlation for Shape, Motion and Deformation Measurements: Basic Concepts, Theory and Applications, Springer Press, New York, 2009.
- Wang, Y. H., Jiang, J. H., Wanintrudal, C., Du, C., Zhou, D., Smith, L. Z., and Yang, L. X., “Whole Field Sheet Metal Tensile Test Using Digital Image Correlation,” Exp. Tech., Vol.34(2), 2010, pp. 54-59.
- Johnson, W. and Mellor, P. B., Engineering Plasticity, Van Nostrand Reinhold, NewYork, 1973, pp. 15-17.
- MARC Analysis, 2007, MSC Software Corporation, Santa Ana, CA.
- Caddell, R. M., Deformation and Fracture of Solids, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1980, pp. 177-178.
- Hill, S., Kuhlman, S., Wang, K., Belwafa, J. et al., “Bake-Hardening Effect of Dual Phase Steels,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0796, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-0796.