This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Finite Element Analysis of Door Closing Effort
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The door closing effort is one of the first impressions to customer's mind about the engineering and quality of the vehicle. The door closing force and the minimum door closing speed are two important characteristics for evaluation. But we can obtain these two indices only by experiments and/or subjective assessments. To predict the door closing effort by the simulation method during the design phase, a finite element analysis model is established. The compression load deflection behavior of seals is converted to the parameters of constitutive model of seals by the parameters identification method. Then, the seal resistance force and the minimum door closing speed are calculated. The later correlates very well with the experiment data.
|Technical Paper||Development of TPO Based Rear Bumper Back Beam|
|Technical Paper||Study of Minimum Door Closing Speed Analysis Method|
CitationQiu, P., Qu, Y., Wu, S., and Sun, M., "Finite Element Analysis of Door Closing Effort," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1398, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1398.
- Huang , Z. , Wu , S. , and Zhang , L. Study of Minimum Door Closing Speed Analysis Method SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0782 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0782
- Wagner D.A. , Morman K.N. Jr. , Gur Y. and Koka M.R. Nonlinear analysis of automotive door weatherstrip seals [J] Finite Elements in Analysis and Design 1997 28 33 50
- Pereira F.D. AUTOMOTIVE DOOR CLOSING EFFORT STUDY SAE Technical Paper 2010-36-0294
- Li , J. , Mourelatos , Z. , Schwarze , F. , and Rozenbaum , J. Prediction of Automotive Side Swing Door Closing Effort SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 2 1 271 284 2009 10.4271/2009-01-0084
- Qu , Y. , Zhang , L. , Wu , S. , Xu , Y. et al. Parameters Identification of Constitutive Models of Rubber Bushing SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0795 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0795
- Dassault Systemes SIMULIA ABAQUS 6.8 HTML Documentation: ABAQUS theory manual 2008