This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Development of FR-Based 4WD Multi-Link Suspension
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 8, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper FR (Front Engine, Rear wheel Drive) based 4WD 5-link independent suspension systems are introduced which are developed for low friction road stability in the winter. The arrangement of the lower control arm of the newly developed suspensions has been changed in order to correspond to 4WD layout. And basic performance is satisfied due to the addition of the driveline. Also NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) performance has improved, to enhance the comfort of the vehicle
CitationJung, D., Lee, J., Lee, B., and Kim, S., "The Development of FR-Based 4WD Multi-Link Suspension," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1235, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-1235.
- Gillespie, T.D., “Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics,” Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., Warrendale, PA, ISBN 978-1-56091-199-9, 1992, doi:10.427.1/R-114.
- UnoTakayaki “Vehicle dynamics& chassis mechanism”, Grand Prix, 1994
- Reimpell, J., Stoll, H., and Betzler, J.W., “The Automotive Chassis,” Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., Warrendale, PA, 2001.
- Kim, S., Lee, J., Oh, Y., and Lee, U., “The Development of Multi-link Suspensions for Hyundai Genesis,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0224, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-0224.
- Woo, S,H. “The Optimization of Geometric for vehicles pulling improvement” HMC 2011
- Kim, S. P. “The investigate of 4WD suspension development” HMC 2011
- Barry, Katie, Domb, Ellen and Slocum, Michael S. “Triz-What is Triz” The Triz Journal. 2010.