This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Ride Comfort Evaluation of Horizontal Vibration in Tractor-Trailer Considering Human Body Motion of Driver
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In a tractor-trailer, ride comfort affected by horizontal human body motions, so called “wavy” and “shaky” feelings, is at issue. Insight about “wavy” and “shaky” feelings which is important for efficient vehicle development is not enough. Experiments using 6-axis motion generator and motion capture and inverse-analysis using multi-body human model indicated the characteristics of each feeling. Motion observation and transfer function indicated that while a bad subjective score of “wavy” feeling corresponds to same-phase roll motion of chest and pelvis up to 0.7Hz, “shaky” correlates to an antiphase of them around 2Hz. By multiple regression, dominant vibration components of the human body and the vehicle to subjective evaluation of the feelings above were identified. Explanatory variables for the “wavy” feeling are roll rate and lateral jerk and those for the “shaky” are lateral acceleration and longitudinal acceleration. Determination coefficients R2 are 0.713 for the “wavy” and 0.774 for the “shaky” feelings. From these results, quantitative evaluation of ride comfort at the planning phase became possible.
CitationHirose, Y., Enomoto, M., Sasaki, T., Yasuda, E. et al., "Ride Comfort Evaluation of Horizontal Vibration in Tractor-Trailer Considering Human Body Motion of Driver," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0992, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0992.
- Ishige, A., Abe, S., Takahashi, T., Kawaharazuka, K., Miyamoto, H., Tokunaga, T., “Objective Evaluation Technology for Ride Comfort,” Nissan Technical Review: 4-8, No.64, 2009-3.
- Yasuda, E., Doi, S., Kushiro, I., “An Analysis of Human Vibration Sensitivity under Multi-axial Vibrations,” Transactions of JSAE, 31(4): 49-54, 2000.
- Hada, M., Yasuda, E., Kobayashi, T., Sugawara, T., Ono, E., “An Inverse Analysis Method of Driver-Seat-Steering System Using Multibody Dynamics,” Proceedings of JSAE, 75(11): 1-6, 2011.
- Griffin M.J. : Handbook of Human Vibration, University Southampton, U.K., Academic Pres., ISBN 0123030412: 233-239, 1996.
- International Organization for Standardization, “Mechanical vibration and shock-evaluation of human exposure to whole-body vibration-part 1 general requirements,” ISO2631-1, 1997.