This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Intelligent Tire System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Although tire forces are important as factors governing the behavior of a vehicle, current chassis control systems have used tire forces indirectly estimated. Hence, this research developed Intelligent Tire System (i-Tire) that can measure tire forces directly. This system used a deform gage and a surface acoustic wave (SAW) sensor, which are capable of passive radio communication. The performance of this developed system was tested with a tire test system (MTS Flat Trac) and a vehicle test.
CitationJo, H., Yeom, M., Lee, J., Park, K. et al., "Development of Intelligent Tire System," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0744, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0744.
- Zhang X. , Wang F. , Wang Z. , Li W. , He D. Intelligent tires based on wireless passive surface acoustic wave sensors IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference 960 964 2004
- Pohl A. , Steindl R. , Reindl L. “The Intelligent Tire” Utilizing Passive SAW Sensors - Measurement of Tire Friction IEEE Transactions on instrumentation and measurement 48 6 1041 1046 1999
- Oh Jae-Geun , Choi Bumkyoo , Lee Seung-Yop SAW based passive sensor with passive signal conditioning using MEMS A/D converter Sensors and Actuators A 141 2 631 639 2008
- Morinaga H. Development of Sensing Algorithm for Intelligent Tire Tire Technology Expo 2006
- Yeom Myungki , Jo Heeyoung , Lee Jeongjin Development of 4WD Control Logic using the Tire Force KSAE 2011
- Mori Atisushi , Shibahata Yasuji Development of Direct Yaw Moment Control of AWD System JSAE 2005
- Lee Jisoo , Jo Heeyoung , Lee Sangho The Study on Torque Distribution Control to Improve Handling Performance for All Wheel Drive KSAE 2008