This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Intelligent Tire System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Although tire forces are important as factors governing the behavior of a vehicle, current chassis control systems have used tire forces indirectly estimated. Hence, this research developed Intelligent Tire System (i-Tire) that can measure tire forces directly. This system used a deform gage and a surface acoustic wave (SAW) sensor, which are capable of passive radio communication. The performance of this developed system was tested with a tire test system (MTS Flat Trac) and a vehicle test.
CitationJo, H., Yeom, M., Lee, J., Park, K. et al., "Development of Intelligent Tire System," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0744, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0744.
- Zhang X., Wang F., Wang Z., Li W., He D., “Intelligent tires based on wireless passive surface acoustic wave sensors”, IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference, pp. 960-964, 2004
- Pohl A., Steindl R., Reindl L., ““The Intelligent Tire” Utilizing Passive SAW Sensors - Measurement of Tire Friction”, IEEE Transactions on instrumentation and measurement, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 1041-1046, 1999
- Oh Jae-Geun, Choi Bumkyoo, Lee Seung-Yop “SAW based passive sensor with passive signal conditioning using MEMS A/D converter”, Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.141, No.2, pp631-639, 2008
- Morinaga H., “Development of Sensing Algorithm for Intelligent Tire”, Tire Technology Expo 2006
- Yeom Myungki, Jo Heeyoung, Lee Jeongjin, “Development of 4WD Control Logic using the Tire Force”, KSAE 2011
- Mori Atisushi, Shibahata Yasuji, “Development of Direct Yaw Moment Control of AWD System”, JSAE 2005
- Lee Jisoo, Jo Heeyoung, Lee Sangho, “The Study on Torque Distribution Control to Improve Handling Performance for All Wheel Drive”, KSAE 2008