This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Handling Stability Optimization of Mining Dump Truck Based on Parameter Identification
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Good handling stability becomes very important for heavily-laden electric wheel dump trucks that are operated on rough roads. To improve handling stability of mining dump trucks, nonlinear stiffness and nonlinear damping of the hydro-pneumatic suspension were considered as optimization variables.
In this paper, based on the Daubechies wavelet's compactness and regularization and least-square method, the nonlinear stiffness and damping are identified. In order to verify the results of the parameter identification, the multi-body system dynamic model of the truck was built in ADAMS/view. By comparing the simulated results and tested ones, we find acceleration-history and power spectral density of acceleration are very close. And then, based on the approximate model method, the optimization model was built in ISIGHT. The nitrogen column and the orifice diameter were defined as the design variables.
Finally, the handling stability was optimized by applying the genetic algorithms method. The results show that the truck handling stability was improved.
|Journal Article||A Tire Model for Very Large Tire Deformations and its Application in Very Severe Events|
|Special Publication||Accelerated Testing Research|
|Technical Paper||Automobile Crash Modeling and the Monte Carlo Method|
CitationWu, W. and Gu, Z., "Handling Stability Optimization of Mining Dump Truck Based on Parameter Identification," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0702, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0702.
- Liu K Identification of linear time-varying systems Journal of Sound and Vibration 1997 206 4 10.1006/jsvi.1997.1105
- Liu K Deng L. Experimental verification of an algorithm for identification of linear time-varying systems Journal of Sound and Vibration 2004 279 3 10.1016/j.jsv.2004.01.040
- Alfi Alireza , Fateh Mohammad-Mehdi Parameter Identification Based on a Modified PSO Applied to Suspension System J. Software Engineering & Applications 2010 3
- Vyasarayani Chandrika P. and Uchida Thomas Parameter identification in dynamic systems using the homotopy optimization approach Multibody Syst Dyn 2011 5 10.1007/s11044-011-9260-0
- Sorsa Aki , Peltokangas Riikka , and Leiviskä Kauko Real-coded Genetic Algorithms and Nonlinear Parameter Identification The 4th International IEEE Conference Intelligent Systems 2008 10.1109/IS.2008.4670495
- Tsatsanis M K , Giannakis G B Time-varying system identification and model validation using wavelets Transaction on Signal Processing 1993 41 12 10.1109/78.258089
- Pascali , L. , Gabrielli , P. , and Caviasso , G. Improving Vehicle Handling and Comfort Performance Using 4WS SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0961 2003 10.4271/2003-01-0961
- Allen , R. , Klyde , D. , Rosenthal , T. , and Smith , D. Estimation of Passenger Vehicle Inertial Properties and Their Effect on Stability and Handling SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0966 2003 10.4271/2003-01-0966
- Danesin , D. , Krief , P. , Sorniotti , A. , and Velardocchia , M. Active Roll Control to Increase Handling and Comfort SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0962 2003 10.4271/2003-01-0962
- Allen , R. , Myers , T. , Rosenthal , T. , and Klyde , D. The Effect of Tire Characteristics on Vehicle Handling and Stability SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0698 2000 10.4271/2000-01-0698
- Yichun REN Application of wavelet analysis in identification of damage detection of building engineering Hunan Normal University Press 2010
- Jiajun ZHOU The application of wavelet in parameter identification of mechanical systems Lanzhou University 2005
- Changfa XU , Guokuai LI Practical wavelet method The third Huazhong University of Science and Technology Press 2009
- Yichun REN , Weijian YI and Xianzhong XIE Identification of time-variant physical parameters of structure under earthquake loading Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration 2007 27 4
- Chao WANG , Weixin REN and Tianli HUANG Physical parameter identification of time-varying structure based on discrete wavelet transform Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology) 2010 41 2
- International Standards Organization Mechanical vibration and shock - evaluation of human exposure to whole-body vibration, part 1: general requirements, ISO 2631-1, 2nd 1997
- Chinese Standard Method of random input running test-Automotive ride comfort, GB/T 4970-1996 1996
- Chinese Standard Electric wheel mining dump truck test method ride comfort, QC/T76.8-1993 1996
- Jiazhen Hong Computational Dynamics of Multi-body Systems Higher Education Press 1999
- International Standards Organization Mechanical vibration-road surface profiles-reporting of measured data, ISO-S8608 1995
- Chinese Standard Controllability and stability test procedure for automobiles-Pylon course slalom test. GB 6323.1-86 1986