This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model Coupling with a Function-Based Modular Framework for Entire-System Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the further development, implementation and evaluation of a computer-aided engineering (CAE) method for tool-independent simulation model coupling with a function-based modular framework for entire-system simulations. For that purpose, the preliminary findings regarding the development process of the function-based modular framework are presented. Emanating from that, a hierarchical structure for consistent data distribution and deposition for separating the system to be simulated is introduced. Therein the boundaries of the subsystems are defined, to avoid overlapping and ensuring a consistent ratio of the subsystems. Thus, the exchangeability and the reuse of simulation models are supported. Additionally, a scheme for signal names of the subsystems interfaces is described to allow general interoperability between the subsystems within the function-based modular framework. To prove the functionality and reliability of this CAE method based on a comparable granularity of encapsulated simulation models and without the need to redefine its standardized interfaces in the succeeding building and simulation process, a model of an electric car was implemented by means of the function-based modular framework. Based on this, an exemplary simulation result of the entire-system simulation is presented.
CitationNetter, F., Gauterin, F., and Schreyer, J., "Model Coupling with a Function-Based Modular Framework for Entire-System Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0643, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0643.
- Nollau , R. Modellierung und Simulation technischer Systeme: eine praxisnahe Einführung Springer Berlin 978-3-540-89120-8 2009
- Lund , C. , Maister , W. , Lange , C. , and Beyer , B. Innovation durch Co-Simulation Wärmemanagement des Kraftfahrzeugs Renningen 2008
- Stüber , N. Challenges and Solutions for an efficient Use of Co-Simulation The Role of CAE in System Simulation Wiesbaden November 8 2011
- Bray , T. Extensible Markup Language (XML) http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/ November 2008
- Ropohl , G. Allgemeine Technologie: eine Systemtheorie der Technik Universitätsverlag Karlsruhe Karlsruhe 978-3-86644-374-7 2009
- The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Boston 978-0547041018 2011
- MODELISAR Consortium Functional Mock-up Interface for Model Exchange 07006 2010