This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
HMMWV Axle Testing Methodology to Determine Efficiency Improvements with Superfinished Hypoids
ISSN: 1946-3995, e-ISSN: 1946-4002
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Dykas, B., Rizzo, D., Fussner, D., McDonnell, R. et al., "HMMWV Axle Testing Methodology to Determine Efficiency Improvements with Superfinished Hypoids," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 6(2):665-673, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0605.
- Winkelmann L. , Holland , J. , and Nanning , R. Superfinishing Motor Vehicle Ring and Pinion Gears AGMA Paper #04FTM13 Gear Manufacturers Association 2004
- Winkelmann , L. , El Saeed , O. , and Bell , M. The Capacity of Superfinished Vehicle Components to Improve Fuel Economy Proceedings of the ASME 2007 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference September 4 7 2007 Las Vegas, NV ASME Paper # DETC2007-34860
- Ehinger , R. Evaluation of Isotropic Superfinishing on a Bell Model 427 Main Rotor Gearbox American Helicopter Society 63rd Annual Forum Virginia Beach, VA May 1 3 2007 American Helicopter Society International, Inc.
- Frechette , M. , Sroka , G. , and Bell , M. High Speed, Automatable Superfinishing of Rear-Axle Hypoid Gears SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0164 2012 10.4271/2012-01-0164
- Masseth , J. , and Kolivand , M. Lapping and Superfinishing Effects on Hypoid Gears Surface Finish and Transmission Errors Proceedings of the ASME 2007 IDETC/CIE Las Vegas, Nevada September 4 7 2007 ASME Paper # DETC2007-34010 American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Xu , H. and Kahraman , A. Prediction of Friction-Related Power Losses of Hypoid Gear Pairs Proc. IMechE 221 2007
- Kolivand , M. Development of Tooth Contact and Mechanical Efficiency Models for Face-Milled and Face-Hobbed Hypoid and Spiral Bevel Gears PhD Dissertation The Ohio State University 2009
- Dykas , B. , Stringer , D.B. , and LaBerge , K. Evaluation Methodology for Surface Engineering Techniques to Improve Powertrain Efficiency in Military Vehicles #ARL-TR-6028 United States Army Research Laboratory Adelphi, MD 2012
- Shon , S. , Kahraman , A. , LaBerge , K. , Dykas , B. , and Stringer , D.B. Influence of Surface Roughness on Traction, Wear, and Scuffing Performance of Lubricated Contacts for Aerospace and Automotive Gearing Proceedings of the ASME/STLE International Joint Tribology Conference 7 10 Oct. 2012 Denver, CO #IJTC2012-61212 Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Woodside , G. , Novak , D. , Baker , M. , Nickert , W. Environmentally Friendly Axles: Are They Possible? Panel Discussion. SAE Global Drivetrain Virtual Summit December 8 2010 Society of Automotive Engineers
- Hobson , D. Axle Efficiency - Test Procedures and Results SAE Technical Paper 790744 1979 10.4271/790744
- Porrett , D. , Miles , S. , Werderits , E. , and Powell , D. Development of a Laboratory Axle Efficiency Test SAE Technical Paper 800804 1980 10.4271/800804
- Winter , H. and Wech , L. Measurements And Optimization Of The Efficiency Of Hypoid Axle Drives Of Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 885127 1988 10.4271/885127
- SAE International Surface Vehicle Recommended Practice Axle Efficiency Test Procedure SAE Standard J1266 Apr. 2001
- O'Connor , B. , Johnson , R. , and Schiemann , L. The Relationship Between Laboratory Axle Efficiency and Vehicle Fuel Consumption SAE Technical Paper 811206 1981 10.4271/811206
- Anderson , N. , and Maddock D. Development of a Standardized Axle Efficiency Test Methodology 2nd CTI (Car Training Institute) Symposium Automotive Transmissions North America Detroit 2008
- Performance Based Purchase Description - Hybrid Electric High Mobility Multipurposed Wheeled Vehicle, ATPD 2335 30 May 2003
- Vehicle Characteristic - Truck, Utility Heavy Variant, 4×4, M1097A2 (2320-01-380-8640); P/N 8750315 January 1996