This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Engine Test Data Quality Requirements for Model Based Calibration: A Testing and Development Efficiency Opportunity
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper documents some of the findings from a joint JLR and AVL project which was conducted at the JLR Gaydon test facility in the UK. A testing and development efficiency concept is presented and test data quality is identified as a key factor. In support of this methods are proposed to correctly measure and set targets for data quality with high confidence. An illustrative example is presented involving a Diesel passenger car calibration process which requires response surface models (RSMs) of key engine measured quantities e.g. engine-out emissions and fuel consumption. Methods are proposed that attempt to quantify the relationships between RSM statistical model quality metrics, test data variability measures and design of experiment (DOE) formulation. The methods are tested using simulated and real test data.
|Technical Paper||Measuring the Sound Power of a Reference Source using Sound Intensity|
|Technical Paper||Thermal Shock Resistance of Oval Monolithic Heavy Duty Truck Converters|
|Aerospace Standard||CALIBRATION SPARK PLUGS|
CitationBeattie, T., Osborne, R., and Graupner, W., "Engine Test Data Quality Requirements for Model Based Calibration: A Testing and Development Efficiency Opportunity," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0351, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0351.
- Yoshida , S. , Ehara , M. , and Kuroda , Y. Rapid Boundary Detection for Model Based Diesel Engine Calibration SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0741 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0741
- Lumsden , G. , Browett , C. , Taylor , J. , and Kennedy , G. Mapping Complex Engines SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0038 2004 10.4271/2004-01-0038
- Mrosek , M. , Zahn , S. , Isermann , R. Parameter Estimation for Physical Air Path Models of Turbocharged Diesel Engines - An Experience Based Guidance SAE Technical Paper 2009-24-0134 2009 10.4271/2009-24-0134
- Martini , Eike Emission Calibration Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow 3 rd Emissions Symposium, BOSMAL 2012
- Stuhler , H. , Kruse , T. , Stuber , A. , Gschweitl , K. et al. Automated Model-Based GDI Engine Calibration Adaptive Online DoE Approach SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0708 2002 10.4271/2002-01-0708
- Breyfogle , Forrest W. Implementing Six Sigma New Jersey Wiley 2003
- Six Sigma Academy The Black Belt Memory Jogger Salem Goal/QPC 2002
- AVL Gmbh CAMEO 2011 Online help AVL Gmbh
- Hahn , Gerald J. , and Meeker William Q. Statistical Intervals: A Guide for Practitioners Hoboken, NJ John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1991
- Minitab Minitab Online help Minitab Inc. 2007
- Dvorak , T. , Rohrer , R. , Lamb , P. , Hoekstra , R. et al. Non-Constant Variance - Emission Modeling Methods for Offline Optimization and Calibration of Engine Management Systems SAE Technical Paper 2003-32-0010 2003 10.4271/2003-32-0010