This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a New 2.0-Liter Fuel-Efficient Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Toyota Motor Corporation aims to develop vehicles that are both fun to drive and fuel efficient, using highly reliable, low cost, and fundamental technology. This approach focuses on the accumulation of incremental improvements to combustion characteristics and friction, making the best use of the maximum potential of the displacement of a new 2.0-liter fuel-efficient diesel engine. This new engine has been launched in several markets around the world for the Avensis, the Auris, the RAV4, and the Verso since November of 2011. This paper presents an outline of this new engine and its technology.
|Technical Paper||RCCI Engine Operation Towards 60% Thermal Efficiency|
|Technical Paper||Optimization of Dual Loop EGR of a V6 3.0 Liter Diesel Engine for CO2 Reduction|
|Technical Paper||Application of Modeling Technology in a Turbocharged SI Engine|
- Junji chisaki - Toyota Motor Corporation
- Kazuya Yoshijima - Toyota Motor Corporation
- Takashi Kikuchi - Toyota Motor Corporation
- Shoichiro Morinaka - Toyota Motor Corporation
- Kenichi Yamada - Toyota Motor Corporation
- Masaaki Okamoto - Toyota Industries Corporation
- Tsutomu Oda - Toyota Industries Corporation
- Keisuke Manabe - Toyota Industries Corporation
Citationchisaki, J., Yoshijima, K., Kikuchi, T., Morinaka, S. et al., "Development of a New 2.0-Liter Fuel-Efficient Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0310, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0310.
- Kamla, T., Rothenwohrer, “Engines and Transmissions Sporty Performance and Low Emissions, Special Edition,” ATZ and MTZ, 29-39, 2008.
- Lechner, B., Kiesgen, G., Kriese, J., Schopp, J., “The New Mini Engine with Twin Power Turbo,” MTZ 71:36-43, 2010.
- Choukroun, A. and Chanfreau, M., “Automatic Control of Electronic Actuators for an Optimized Engine Cooling Thermal Management,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1758, 2001, doi:10.4271/2001-01-1758.
- Toyoda, F., Kobayashi, Y., Miura, M., Koga, Y. “Development of Variable Discharge Oil Pump,” Proceedings of the Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan 112(07): 5-8, 2007.
- Uraki, Y., “Development of Low Noise Squeeze Oil Pan,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers 101(954): 346, 1998.