This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Safety Analysis and Design for ISO 26262 - Model Based and Tool Supported
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 08, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Modern development processes put architecture and design models in the center of system engineering activities. With the increasing application of software (SW) controlled functions such development processes have obtained a high significance in the automotive industry too. In addition, functional safety standards such as ISO 26262  issued by International Standardization Organization (ISO) require safety analysis procedures to be tightly integrated with these engineering activities. The authors show a solution to tackle the need for such integration by using architecture and design models as a single source of information for functional safety analysis activities and methods. Moreover, a seamless round-trip approach between the activities of the system design, the requirements engineering and the functional safety analysis activities is presented.
CitationBorn, M., Kath, O., Holz, E., and Douglass, B., "Safety Analysis and Design for ISO 26262 - Model Based and Tool Supported," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0193, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0193.
- ISO 26262 Road vehicles - Functional safety Part 1 to 10
- OMG Systems Modeling Language (OMG SysML) - version 1.3
- AUTOSAR AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture http://www.autosar.org/
- IEC 61508 Functional safety of electrical / electronic / programmable electronic safety-related systems
- Törngren , M. , Chen , D. , Malvius , D. , and Axelsson , J. 2009 Model-Based Development of Automotive Embedded Systems Automotive Embedded Systems Handbook Navet N. and Simonot-Lion F. CRC Press Boca Raton
- Copes , W , Sacco , W , Champion , H , Bain , L. Progress in Characterising Anatomic Injury Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Meeting of the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine Baltimore, MA, USA 205 218
- Schwarz , J. Code of Practice for development, validation and market introduction of ADAS 5th European Congress on ITS Hannover, Germany 3 June 2005
- Schlingloff , Vulinovic Zuverlässigkeitsprüfung eingebetteter Steuergeräte mit modellgetriebener Fehlerinjektion Proceedings der Jahrestagung der ASIM/GI-Fachgruppe 4.5.5 ‘Simulation technischer Systeme’ 2005
- Olah , J. Majzik , I. “Dependability of Computer Systems”, DepCos-RELCOMEX '09 Fourth International Conference on 2009
- medini analyze http://www.ikv.de
- Douglas , B. Safety Analysis with the UML http://www.embedded.com/design/opensource/217200222?_requestid=477373
- Papadopoulos Y. , Walker M. , Parker D. , Rüde E. , Hamann R. , Uhlig A. , Grätz U. , Lien R. 2011 Engineering Failure Analysis & Design Optimisation with HiP-HOPS Journal of Engineering Failure Analysis 10.1016/j.engfailanal.2010.09.025 Elsevier Science 1350-6307
- ATTEST Advancing Traffic Efficiency and Safety through Software Technology www.attest.org