This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Drivers' Behavior Analysis at Unsignalized Intersections Without Right of Way
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 25, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This study aims to clarify the principal causes of head-on collisions and to establish a reference model when passing through unsignalized intersections without the right of way. The experiment was conducted on the test course using the experimental vehicle to collect driving data of expert drivers. The relation between the vehicle velocity and the face angle versus distance from the stop line was clarified and the characteristics of the safety confirmation behavior were obtained by analyzing driving data considering with driver's eye gaze.
|Technical Paper||The Development of a Rectangular Multi-Reflector on a Free Formed Surface for Signaling Lamps|
|Technical Paper||Driver Fuzzy Decision Making Model of Vehicle Preview Course|
|Technical Paper||Map database for ITS and driver assistance|
CitationSato, K. and Nagai, M., "Drivers' Behavior Analysis at Unsignalized Intersections Without Right of Way," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0072, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0072.
- Institute for Traffic Accident Research and Data Analysis Collision at intersection from point of view road environment, ITARDA INFORMTATION, No.69, 2007
- Institute for Traffic Accident Research and Data The traffic accidents of elderly people during their driving automobile, ITARDA INFORMTATION, No.68, 2007
- Hiramatsu M. et al., Accident scenarios categorized by driving behaviors in broadside collisions at intersections, proceeding of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, No.16-02, p.5-8, 2002
- Kimura K. et al., Analysis of driving behavior at intersection, proceeding of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, No.16-03, p.1-4, 2003
- Kosaka H. et al., Skilled driver's behavior when passing through a non-signalized intersection without right of way, proceeding of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, No.1-08, p.17-20, 2008
- Miura T. et al., Vehicle and visual information processing NATURE INTERFACE, No.23, p.26-29, 2004
- Takahara M. et al., An investigation of factors contributing to unintended stop-sign violation among elderly drivers, Transactions of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.42, No.2, March, p.625-630, 2011
- Uno H. et al., Experimental study on negotiation behavior of subsidiary road vehicle at crossing, Transactions of Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Vol.41, No.2, March, p.533-538, 2010
- The test course of Japan Automobile Research Institute, available online: http://www.jari.or.jp/english/, last access, 13 January 2013, 2013
- Drive recorder, available online (only in Japanese): http://www.its21.co.jp/, last access, 13 January 2013