This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Fail-Safe Control Strategy for Electro-Mechanical Brake System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 25, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The automotive industry is replacing more and more hydraulic systems by electronic system. This not only reduces the weight of vehicles, but also has the potential for a large number of new features . Such a change has led to researches on XbW(X-by-Wire) without the existing mechanical connection and hydraulic system, among which the study on BbW(Brake-by-Wire) in relation to brake devices proceeded to the point of EHB(Electro-Hydraulic-Brake) and then EMB(Electro-Mechanical-Brake). In replacement of existing CBS(Conventional Brake System) with EMB, various advantages such as improvement of response performance and easy combination with various brake applications including ABS and ESC have been found. In fact, however, the problem of fail-safe has remained. This study, therefore, is to develop the control strategy with which the vehicle's longitudinal and lateral motion can follow the driver's steering intention upon failure of one EMB actuator for braking in straight and corner. To control a non-linear movement of a vehicle, the theory of Sliding Mode Control(hereunder, SMC) was adopted, and HiLS(Hardware in the Loop Simulation) consisting of the actual EMB actuators and Drive ECU was used to verify the developed control strategy.
CitationSho, M., Park, K., Park, M., and Kim, M., "Development of a Fail-Safe Control Strategy for Electro-Mechanical Brake System," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0055, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-0055.
- TTTech Advanced Electro-Mechanical Braking System, Delphi's Brake-by-Wire Concept
- Han , K. , Kim , I. , Huh , K. , Kim , M. et al. Fault Detection Algorithm Design for Electro-Mechanical Brake SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1219 2009 10.4271/2009-01-1219
- Park Kihong , Heo Seung-Jin , Hwang Taehun , Joeng Ji Yoel , Lee Sangho , Lee Unkoo , Lee Kyu Hoon , Lee Kangwon , Kee Seung Guan Development of Integrated Chassis Control Algorithms to Improve Vehicle Dynamics AVEC'06, AVEC060225
- Kwak , B. and Park , Y. Robust Vehicle Stability Controller Based on Multiple Sliding Mode Control SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1060 2001 10.4271/2001-01-1060
- Kim SuByeong , Jeon JaeHan , Cheon JaeSeung The Future of Brake System Journal of KSAE 26 5 3 10 2004
- Yoo Changbum , Noh Kihan , Park Jungwon , Choi Hyeongjin , Kim Joogon , Kim Jongki Simulation and verification of Electro Mechanical Brake System KSAE KSAE08-S0126 761 766 2008
- Jung Wankyo , Lee Hyeongcheol , Jun Jaehan , Yeo Hoon Vector Control of BLDC Motor for an Electro-Mechanical Brake Control System KSAE KSAE07-S0381 2411 2416 2007
- Sho Minwoo , Lee Jinkyo , Kwon Jaejoon , Hong Taewook , Park Kihong , Park Manbok , Kim Myoungjune A Study on the Development of HiLS System for Comparing and Evaluating of the EMB/CBS System KSAE KSAE12-B0112 555 561 2012
- Abe Masato , Manning W. Vehicle Handling Dynamics Butterworth-Heinmann
- Rajamani Rajesh Vehicle Dynamics and Control Springer
- Slotine Jean-Jacques E. , Li Weiping Applied Nonlinear Control Prentice-Hall International, Inc.