This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Correlation between Simulations and Tests for Determining the Stress State on Raceways of Bearings Due to the Press Fitting and Loading at Test Rig
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 02, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Nowadays it is common for engineering applications the usage of software in parallel to test for a better understanding about some phenomena of study. The present paper intents to correlate different software and experimental practices to understand the stress state on the bearing raceway. The most important factor which determines the bearing life is the operational load. Others factors such as the stress state on the raceway due to press fit process can contribute to reduce the bearing life. A large number of factors have been studied to know the behavior of press fit. This paper, treats about the press fit and operational loading.
CitationChagas, C., Freitas, T., Silva, R., and Carneiro, B., "Correlation between Simulations and Tests for Determining the Stress State on Raceways of Bearings Due to the Press Fitting and Loading at Test Rig," SAE Technical Paper 2012-36-0453, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-36-0453.
- Lebeck, Alan O. 1991 Principle and design of mechanical face seals Wiley-Interscience 232
- Bloch, Heinz P. 1998 Improving machinery reliability 3rd Gulf Professional Publishing 216
- Breyflogle, F. W. III Implementing Six Sigma: Smarter Solutions Using Statistical Methods 2 nd New Jersey - USA John Wiley & Sons, Inc 2003
- Gere, J. M. Mecânica dos Materiais 5 th São Paulo - BRA Thomson Learning Ltda. 2003
- Oberkampf, W. L. Barone, M. F. Measures of agreement between computation and experiment: Validation Metrics Journal of computational physics www.sciencedirect.com 12 June 2006
- Figliola, R. S. Beasley, D. E. 4 th Rio de Janeiro - BRA LTC - Livros Técnicos e Científicos Editora S.A. 2007