This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Innovative Solution for the Valve Lifts Variation of Combustion Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 02, 2012 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The constant search for more efficient combustion engines with lower levels of CO₂ emissions has contributed to the development of new technologies that could reach severe global environment targets. Most of the new technologies are related to the lift and timing variation of the opening and closing of the intake valves, through variable camshafts. The controlled lift and timing variation allows the air-fuel mixture to be optimized for specific working conditions of the engine without the driver's perception.
This paper presents a new design and a new operation concept for the lift variation of the intake valve. The technical and economical feasibility analysis of this new design is done through virtual studies and prototypes in the Alpha phase of the project. The valve lift control optimizes the fuel consumption, and consequently, it reduces the levels of CO₂ emissions.
CitationSavoy, J., Moraes de Souza, M., and Domingues, T., "Innovative Solution for the Valve Lifts Variation of Combustion Engines," SAE Technical Paper 2012-36-0199, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-36-0199.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Pulkrabek, W. W. Engineering Fundamentals of the Internal Combustion Engine University of Wisconsin Platteville, New Jersey, USA
- Sato, Y. Nishimoto, Y. Fukushima, Y. Nagataki, T. Automotive variable engine valve lift. Mechanism controlled by a hydraulic 3-step rotary actuator 7 th JFPS International Symposium on Ruid Power Toyama 2008
- Martind, J. Motores de Combustão Interna Edições Técnicas Guimarães Portugal 2006 972-8953-02-X
- Bothra, P. Paper: Variable timing and its effect on engine performance - 10105072 M.Tech. (FTS), ME 600
- Paul Tan's automotive news http://paultan.org/2006/03/13/2006-honda-civic-18-sohc-i-vtec-engine/ 04 03 12
- Rotrod - USA http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/hrdp1007_gms_variable_valve_timing_system_performance_test 10 04 12
- Porsche - Stuttgart, Germany http://www.porsche.com/microsite/technology 03 03 12
- Römmer, A. Ihlemann, A. Haas, M. Solfrank, P. Dr. Jäkel, M. Bretting, W. Geiger, U. Dr. Sistemas de commando de válvulas para motores de combustão interna Verlag moderne Industrie 2003
- WOIS Institüt - Coburg, Germany http://www.wois-innovation.de 20 02 12
- A casa do ímã http://www.acasadoima.com.br/index.php/ima-desamario-cobalto 10 01 12
- Universidade Federal de Uberlândia Faculdade de Engenharia Elétrica - Apostila Ciência e Tecnologia dos Materiais, Capítulo IV, Materiais Semicondutores