This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Research about Engine Optimization and Emission Characteristic of Dual Fuel Engine Fueled with Natural Gas and Diesel
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 23, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
CNG/diesel dual-fuel engine is using CNG as a main fuel, and injects diesel only a little as an ignition priming. In this study, remodeling an existing diesel engine into dual-fuel engine that can inject diesel with high pressure by CRDI (Common Rail Direct Injection), and injecting CNG at intake port for premixing. The results show that CNG/diesel dual-fuel engine satisfied coordinate torque and power with conventional diesel engine. And CNG alternation rate is over 89% in all operating ranges of CNG/diesel dual-fuel engine. PM emission is lower 94% than diesel engine, but NOx emission is higher than diesel engine. The output of dual fuel mode is 95% by the diesel mode. At this time, amount of CO₂ and PM are decreased while CO, NOx, and THC are increased. In NEDC mode, exhaust gases except NOx are decreased.
CitationLim, O., Iida, N., Cho, G., and Narankhuu, J., "The Research about Engine Optimization and Emission Characteristic of Dual Fuel Engine Fueled with Natural Gas and Diesel," SAE Technical Paper 2012-32-0008, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-32-0008.
- Lee, Junhyuk Pyo, Youngdug Kwon, Ohseuk Lee, Yonggyun Na, Pyungchul Ryu, Jeongin Lee, Youngjae “Performance and Emission Characteristics of a Diesel Pilot Compression Ignition CNG Engine” KSAE paper 06-S0300( 2006
- Yoon, Seongshik Heo, Seongjoon Roh, Yuhyun “Characteristics of Dual Fuel System for Diesel Engine and Vehicle driving” KSAE paper 08-S0076( 2008
- Shen, J. Qin, J. Yao, M. “Turbocharged diesel/CNG Dual-fuel Engines with Intercooler: Combustion, Emissions and Performance,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3082 2003 120.4271/2003-01-3082
- Addy, J. Bining, A. Norton, P. Peterson, E. et al. “Demonstration of Caterpillar C10 Dual Fuel Natural Gas Engines inCommuter Buses,” SAE Technical Paper, 2000-01-1386 2000 10.4271/2000-01-1386
- Johnson, W. Beck, N. Lovkov, O. van der Lee, A. et al. “All Electronic Dual Fuel Injection System for the Belarus D-144 Diesel Engine,” SAE Technical Paper, 901502 1990 10.4271/901502