This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Over-Temperature Protection Control Strategy for Electric Power Steering Motor
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 24, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The EPS motor will be over-heated if large current lasts for a long time, which will decline the performance of EPS motor and even lead to irreparable damage. So the over-temperature protection control should be conducted in order to protect the components of EPS system, especially the durability of EPS motor. In this paper, the motor temperature was estimated according to the environmental temperature and the current of motor armature, and then the EPS assist current was limited based on the estimated temperature of motor to ensure that the EPS motor had a good working condition. So the over-temperature protection control for motor can be realized without increasing the EPS system components. Finally the control strategy for over-temperature protection was conducted in a vehicle with EPS system and its performance was verified.
|Technical Paper||Transmission-Mounted Power Control Unit Including 12-Volt DC-DC Converter for Two-Motor Hybrid System|
|Technical Paper||Cutter Size Effect on Cutting Path of Spiral Bevel and Hypoid Gears|
|Technical Paper||POWER STEERING IN 1952|
CitationLi, S., Zong, C., and He, L., "An Over-Temperature Protection Control Strategy for Electric Power Steering Motor," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-2057, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-2057.
- Feng, Wu, Yang, Zhi-jia, Yao, Dong-we, et al, “A Study on the Control Strategy of Electric Power Steering System”, Automotive Engineering, Vol.28, pp. 676-680, 2006.
- Tao, Meng, Yu, Zhuo-ping, Hui, Chen, et al. “A Study on the Control Strategy for Electric Power Steering and Test Validation”, Vehicle Design, Vol.5, pp.25-30, 2005.
- Zhao, Wang-zhong, Shi, Guo-biao, Yi, Lin, et al. “Returnability control algorithm for EPS system of electric bus”, Journal of JIANGSU University (Natural Science Edition), Vol.32, pp. 28-31, 2011.
- Chen, X. and Chen, X., “Control-Oriented Model for Electric Power Steering System,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0938, 2006, doi:10.4271/2006-01-0938.
- Hao, Wu. “Modeling of Electric Power Steering System and Research on it's Assist Characteristic”, Master. Dissertation, Jilin University, 2003.
- Ye, Hong-di. “Fault Diagnosis of Electric Power Steering System”, JOURNAL OF ZHEJIANG INDUSTRY&TRADE POLYTECHNIC, Vol.5, pp.30-35, 2005.
- Zheng, Rong-liang, Liu, Zhongliang, Long, Chen. “Trouble Diagnose of Electric Power Steering System”, JOURNAL OF JIANGSU UNIVERSITY, Vol.29, pp.21-24, 2008.