This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Transient Flow Field Analysis Around a Lockup Clutch Inside a Torque Converter
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 24, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The purpose of this paper is to study the flow field of a lockup clutch inside a torque converter. The performance of a torque converter has been one of the most important areas of improvement for an automobile equipped with an automatic transmission. Improving the torque converter's performance and efficiency are key contributions to saving fuel, which is an important consideration with the recent increase in environmental awareness. Moreover, the lockup operation- or slipping control- of an automatic transmission is another good opportunity for improving fuel economy.
CitationYamaguchi, T. and Tanaka, K., "Transient Flow Field Analysis Around a Lockup Clutch Inside a Torque Converter," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-2001, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-2001.
- Kim, B S. et al. International Journal of Automotive Technology 9 2 141 148 2008
- Watanabe, H. Toyota Central Labs R&D Review 34 1 57 66 1999
- Yamaguchi, T. Proceedings of the 9th ISROMAC FD-066 2002
- Abe, K. Kondoh, T. Fukumura, K. Kojima, M. “Three-Dimensional Simulation of the Flow in a Torque Converter,” SAE Technical Paper 910800 1991 10.4271/910800
- Brun et al. ASME paper 95-GT-293
- et al. ASME J.Fluids Eng. 117 109 115
- Ejiri, E. JSME International Journal 49 1 131 141 2006
- Abe, H. et. al. HONDA R&D Technical Review 11 2 1999