This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Mexico City Traffic and Los Angeles City Traffic Testing: An Approach to Test Route Development for Results Homologation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 17, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Vehicle testing on public roads is used by the automotive community in different locations to evaluate the noise characteristics of brake systems under typical customer usage conditions. These tests are generally carried out on different locations and show results with questionable compatibility as has been concluded on several investigations over the last years .
Global projects on the other hand mandate to have tests that can represent vehicle usage in several types of environments in order to have reliable indicators of performance on different conditions.
This paper suggests a method to characterize roads on different sites and modify the route to match a specific target.
CitationMenendez, A., "Mexico City Traffic and Los Angeles City Traffic Testing: An Approach to Test Route Development for Results Homologation," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1808, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1808.
- Grochowicz, J. Grabiec, T. “Potential for Commonization of Brake Testing for Globally Marketed Vehicles,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-3031 2009 10.4271/2009-01-3031
- Mauer, G. Haverkamp, M. “Measurement and Assessment of noise caused by vehicle brake systems” Inter - Noise 2007 Istabul 2007
- Ferreira, H. Martinez, R. Ramos, R. Ferro, E. et al. “Correlation Between Brake Durability Routes: Los Angeles (LACT, USA); Mexico (MCT, Mexico); Sorocaba (SCT, Brazil); P3-19TT (Ford's TPG, Brazil),” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3953 2007 10.4271/2007-01-3953
- Haverkamp, M. “Brake Noise Assessment by Means of Vehicle Road Tests Subjective Parameters and Objective Measurement Concepts,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3940 2005 10.4271/2005-01-3940
- Mody, P. Rumold, W. Attia, F. Ansmann, S. “Mojacar and Los Angeles City Traffic Vehicle Testing: A Comparison & Analysis of Subjective Ratings and Objective Measurements,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-2600 2002 10.4271/2002-01-2600
- Henley, C. Shao, X. Peters, R. Mangan, R. et al. “Creation of a Brake Development City Traffic Vehicle Test in Shanghai / Suzhou, China,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-3189 2006 10.4271/2006-01-3189
- Grochowicz, J. Ruymen, J. Abendroth, H. Augsburg, K. et al. “Mojacar Brake Wear and NVH: Dyno Simulation Concept,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3959 2007 10.4271/2007-01-3959
- Abendroth, H. Haverkamp, M. Hoffrichter, W. Blaschke, P. et al. “Current and New Approaches for Brake Noise Evaluation and Rating,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 2 2 32 45 2010 10.4271/2009-01-3037
- Haverkamp, M. “Comparison of brake noise in-territory road tests - main parameters and design of improvements” Ford Motor Company