This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Preliminary Design of a Bio-Diesel Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle as part of EcoCAR 2: Plugging-in to The Future
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 10, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With a growing need for a more efficient consumer based automotive platform, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) chose to redesign the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu as a Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle(PHEV). A Series architecture was chosen for its low energy consumption and high consumer acceptability when compared to the Series/Parallel-through-the-road and the Pre-Transmission designs. A fuel selection process was also completed and B20 Biodiesel was selected as the primary fuel due to lower GHG (Greenhouse Gases) emissions and Embry-Riddle's ability to produce biodiesel onsite using the cafeteria's discarded vegetable oil.
|Technical Paper||The Influence of Fuel Pre-Heating on Combustion and Emissions with 100% Rapeseed Oil for a DI Diesel Engine|
- Brian Harries - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Kenneth Leslie - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Townsend Hyatt - Sandia National Laboratories
- Brandon Smith - Cubic Simulation Systems Inc
- Kenneth Meierjurgen - General Motors
- Jenna Beckwith - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Marc Compere - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
CitationHarries, B., Leslie, K., Hyatt, T., Smith, B. et al., "Preliminary Design of a Bio-Diesel Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle as part of EcoCAR 2: Plugging-in to The Future," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1770, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1770.
- The Electic Vehicle in Boston Mansfield, E.S. 1922 General Electric Review 233 235
- Mills, Allan Studies in Electrostatics Bulletin of the Scientific Instrument Society 2008 20 22
- Development of a neural network model for selective catalytic reduction (SCR) catalytic converter and ammonia dosing optmization using multi objective genetic algorithm Faghihi, Ehsan Shamekhi, Amir 508 516 Chemical Engineering Journal 2010 165
- Beale, Mark Neural Network Toolbox l The Mathworks