This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research of Adaptability to Battery Energy on Heavy-Duty Hybrid Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 10, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
At interurban transportation, improvement of fuel economy of hybrid electric heavy-duty diesel vehicles, which assist drive-axle by using regeneration energy, is minimum, compared to heavy-duty diesel vehicles. One of the factors is that hybrid electric heavy-duty vehicles are not able to balance regeneration energy (input) and power energy (output) at high speed driving. One reason is not opportunity to operate of braking at high speed driving for the heavy-duty vehicle. In this research, we focus on the method used for the battery energy, and propose a new concept of hybrid electric system to efficiently utilize battery energy. That system consists of electrical booster for supercharging intake air into engine cylinder. We have confirmed the feasibility of the electric system of a new HEV concept by using the simulation I created.
CitationOkui, N., Niikuni, T., and Kawai, T., "Research of Adaptability to Battery Energy on Heavy-Duty Hybrid Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1608, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1608.
- Japan Trucking Association “Technical Investigation of Hybrid Truck” 2004
- Ishikawa, N. Kudou, K. “Study on Improvement of Emissions of Diesel Engine with Mechanical Supercharger” JSAE Technical Paper 41 2 347 352 2010
- Uchida, H. “Trend of Turbocharging Technologies” R&D Review of Toyota CRDL 41 3 1 8 2006
- Millo, F. Mallamo, F. Pautasso, E. Ganio Mego, G. “The Potential of Electric Exhaust Gas Turbocharging for HD Diesel Engines,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0437 2006 10.4271/2006-01-0437
- Divekar, P. Ayalew, B. Prucka, R. “Coordinated Electric Supercharging and Turbo-Generation for a Diesel Engine,” SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1228 2010 10.4271/2010-01-1228
- Okui, N. Niikuni, T. Kawai, T. “Actual Condition Survey and Optimized Approach of Energy Regenerative Braking Control for Electric Drive-train Vehicles” 2010 JSAE Annual Congress (Autumn) Proceeding Paper, 20105673 17 22 2010
- Momiyama, I. Kuroki, T. Kaneko, T. Kuriyagawa, Y. Kageyama, I. “Identification of Large Sized Truck's Lomgitudinal Motion and Modeling Method (Development of Enrgy-saving ITS Technology)” 2011 JSAE Annual Congress (Spring) Proceeding Paper, 20115069 1 6 2011
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism http://www.mlit.go.jp/jidosha/sesaku/environment/osen/2_osenj.htm
- Ibaraki, S. Yamashita, Y. Sumida, K. Ogita, H. Jinnai, Y. “Development of electrically assisted turbocharger, “Hybrid turbo”” Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Technical Review 43 3 36 40 2006
- Hayashida, M. Goto, Y. Narusawa, K. Myohg, K. Kotou, T. Shimojima, S. “Development of IPT Hybrid Bus and Examination” NTSEL Forum 2007 Review 17 20 2007
- New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) “NEDO Rechargeable battery technical development road map” 2010