This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Investigation on Abnormal Combustion, Emissions and Performance of Novel Jojoba Bio-Gasoline and Its Blends with Gasoline in a Spark-Ignition Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 10, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The main aim of this work was to study knock, pre-ignition, performance and emissions of an alternative novel jojoba bio-gasoline fuel using a Ricardo E6/MS variable compression ratio spark ignition engine. It was fuelled by different blends of jojoba bio-gasoline and gasoline with an octane of 90. The results gave the effect of equivalence ratio, speed, ignition timing, compression ratio, inlet air pressure and temperature using different blends on detonation, pre-ignition, performance and emissions. The results were correlated to give the designer an access to the tool needed for developing an existing engine or in the design of a new engine.
CitationRadwan, M., Elfeky, S., and Abu-Elyazeed, O., "An Investigation on Abnormal Combustion, Emissions and Performance of Novel Jojoba Bio-Gasoline and Its Blends with Gasoline in a Spark-Ignition Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1599, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1599.
- “Final report of the Biofuels Research Advisory Council”, A vision for 2030 and beyond, 2006.
- Abu-Elyazeed, O.S.M., “Performance, Abnormal Combustion, and Emissions of Jojoba Bio-Gasoline and Its Blends with Gasoline in Spark-Ignition Engines”, Ph.D. Thesis, Faculty of Engineering, Mattaria, University of Helwan, 2009.
- Downs, D. and Theobald, “The effect of Fuel Characteristics and Engine Operating Conditions on Pre-Ignition”, Proc. Inst. Mech. Engrs. Vol.178, Pt.2A. No.4, 1963.
- Wörgetter, Manfred, “International Biofuels Opportunities”, Contribution to the Royal Society Biofuels Event, Royal Society, London, 23 and 24 April 2007.
- Morita, K., “Automotive power source in the 21st century”, Journal Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Inc. and Elsevier Science B.V. 2003.
- Radwan, M.S., “Preparation, development and characterization of Jojoba bio-fuels for I.C.engines”, Internal report - ICE laboratory 1/2009, University of Helwan, 2009.
- Radwan, M. S., “The Effect of Bowl-in-Piston Shape and Geometry on Detonation in Spark- Ignition Engines”, ASME Energy-Sources Technology Conference and Exhibition-Houston, Texas - January 26-30, 1992.
- Radwan, M., Helali, A., Elfeky, S., and Attai, Y., “An Investigation on Knock and Pre-ignition with Tumble Induced Turbulence,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3557, 2007, doi:10.4271/2007-01-3557.
- Radwan, M. S., El-Feky, S.M., El-Gizawy, I.G and Makar, F.A.F., “Jojoba Bio-Gasoline as an Octane Booster”, Paper SO 125, International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Environmental Protection (SEEP 2012), 5-8 June 2012, Dublin Ireland.
- Radwan, M. S., Shahien, M. A. and Abdel-Rahim, K. M., “The Effect of Bowl-in-Piston Design on Pre-Ignition in Spark Ignition Engines”, Second International Conference on Energy Research and Development ICERD2, November, 2001.
- Sayin, C., Kilicaslan, I., Canakci, M. and Ozsezen, N., “An experimental study of the effect of octane number higher than engine requirement on the engine performance and emissions”, Department of Mechanical Education, Technical Education Faculty, Kocaeli University, 41100 Izmit, Turkey, 24 July 2004.
- Stanislav, B.V. and Assanis, D.N., “Effect of Exhaust Valve Timing on Gasoline Engine Performance and Hydrocarbon Emissions”, University of Michigan, SAE International, 2004.