This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Performance of a Modern Vehicle on a Variety of Alcohol-Gasoline Fuel Blends
ISSN: 1946-3952, e-ISSN: 1946-3960
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Stansfield, P., Bisordi, A., OudeNijeweme, D., Williams, J. et al., "The Performance of a Modern Vehicle on a Variety of Alcohol-Gasoline Fuel Blends," SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 5(2):813-822, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1272.
- “An account of a new explosive engine.” American Journal of Science and Arts 11 (1826): 141-145.
- EPA, “Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Changes to Renewable Fuel Standard Program”, 40 CFR Part 80, Federal Register, Vol. 75, No. 58, March 26, 2010, Directive on the Promotion of the use of biofuels and other renewable fuels for transport, 2003/30/EC
- Directive 2009/28/EC of the European Parliament and of the council on the promotion of the use of energy from renewable sources
- Pelkmans, L., Lenaers, G., Bruyninx, J., Scheepers, K., De Vlieger, I., (2011), “Impact of biofuel blends on the emissions of modern vehicles”, Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Part D, 225: p1204-1220
- http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/laws/matrix/reg, Last Updated: 19/2/2010, Accessed: 02/08/2010
- Cairns, A., Stansfield, P., Fraser, N., Blaxill, H. et al., “A Study of Gasoline-Alcohol Blended Fuels in an Advanced Turbocharged DISI Engine,” SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 2(1):41-57, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-0138.
- Williams, J., Goodfellow, C., Lance, D., Ota, A. et al., “Impact of Butanol and Other Bio-Components on the Thermal Efficiency of Prototype and Conventional Engines,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1908, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-1908.
- Cairns, A., Todd, A., Aleiferis, P., Fraser, N. et al., “A Study of Alcohol Blended Fuels in an Unthrottled Single Cylinder Spark Ignition Engine,” SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0618, 2010, doi:10.4271/2010-01-0618.
- Cambustion Application Note HFR06, Suitability of the HFR500 for ethanol measurements, Retrieved April 2010. www.cambustion.co.uk
- Kar, K. and Cheng, W., “Speciated Engine-Out Organic Gas Emissions from a PFI-SI Engine Operating on Ethanol/Gasoline Mixtures,” SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 2(2):91-101, 2010, doi:10.4271/2009-01-2673.
- Cheng, W. K., Summers, T., Collings, N., (1998), The fast response flame ionisation detector, Prog. Energy Combust. Sci., Vol 24 pp 89-124
- Guerrieri, D., Caffrey, P., and Rao, V., “Investigation into the Vehicle Exhaust Emissions of High Percentage Ethanol Blends,” SAE Technical Paper 950777, 1995, doi: 10.4271/950777.
- Knoll, K., West, B., Huff, S., Thomas, J. et al., “Effects of Mid-Level Ethanol Blends on Conventional Vehicle Emissions,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2723, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-2723.