This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Development of a Formula SAE ® Style Electric Vehicle Utilizing OLEV ® Technology
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
On-line Electric Vehicle (OLEV®) technology, developed by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), is a breakthrough solution to the limited driving range, long battery charging time and high cost of battery of battery-powered electric vehicle. In this research, OLEV® technology was applied in the design of a FSAE®-style pure electric vehicle as one of the prototypes for OLEV® project. With this prototype, it was the first time an electric powertrain with wireless power transfer is embedded in a Formula SAE®-style prototype vehicle. This paper gives an overview of the design of the vehicle, introduction to the powertrain and performance evaluation of the vehicle.
CitationVu, D., Park, A., and Suh, I., "Design and Development of a Formula SAE® Style Electric Vehicle Utilizing OLEV® Technology," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1042, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1042.
- Suh, I.S. “Application of shaped magnetic field in resonance (SMFIR) technology to future urban transportation,” CIRP Design Conference 2011
- Suh, I.S. “Intelligent wireless EV fast charging with SMFIR technology,” Journal of Integrated Design and Process Science September 2011 15 3 4
- Suh, N.P. “Design of On-Line Electric Vehicle,” CIRP Design Conference 2010
- Huh, J. Lee, S. Park, C. Cho, G.H. Rim, C.T. “High performance IPTS with narrow rail width for OLEV,” IEEE Energy Conversion Congress & Expo (ECCE) 2010 647 651
- Lee, S. Huh, J. Park, C. Choi, N.S. Cho, G.H. Rim, C.T. “On-Line Electric Vehicle using inductive power transfer system,” IEEE Energy Conversion Congress & Expo 2010 1598 1601
- Park, M. Shin, E. Lee, H. Suh, I.S. “Dynamic Model and Control Algorithm of HVAC System for OLEV Application,” International Conference on Control Automation and Systems (ICCAS) 2010
- 2011 Formula SAE ® Rules
- 2011 Formula Hybrid™ Rules