This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Development of Composite Material Suspension Arm
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Various approaches have been developed recently to apply light weight technology to automotive vehicles which focuses on fuel efficiency by reducing weight and hence are environmentally friendly. This paper shows that composite materials suspension arm which is made up engineering plastic and steel have more than equal to strength and stiffness compared to forged steel. Also Composite materials suspension arm presents lightweight and low cost.
|Technical Paper||Testing an Anti-Friction Coating in a Small Engine|
|Technical Paper||Composite Assembled Cam Shafts|
|Technical Paper||Development of Si-DLC Coated Tappet for Improved Wear Resistance|
CitationJeong, P., "A Development of Composite Material Suspension Arm," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0980, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0980.
- Kalpakjian, Serope “Manufacturing Processes For Engineering Materials” Addison-Wesley 1994
- Stephen, H. Crandall Norman, C. Dahl Thomas, J. Lardner “An Introduction To The Mechanics of Solids” McGraw-Hill 1978
- JEONG, P. Y. U.S PN 20110133425
- JEONG, P. Y. U.S PN 20110133422
- JEONG, P. Y. U.S PN 20110133423
- JEONG, P. Y. U.S PN 20110133421