This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design Assistance System and Its Application
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This article presents results of the Design Assistance System (DASY, will be referred to as a tool in this paper) development and examples of its application for engine concept modeling. The software tool for creating and maintaining knowledge database is being developed at the Czech Technical University in Prague. This tool is targeted to simplify and speed up the concept design process. The targets were met by providing the high level of flexibility along with a simple user interface. Two examples that show interaction of this tool with computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided engineering (CAE) software are presented. One example includes an optimization using implemented genetic algorithm. By using this tool, one can create templates for conserving the knowledge acquired during engine design in the past. It provides hints for the future design tasks by offering a data of similar designs, based on experiments and simulations at different levels of complexity and profoundness. It simultaneously assists in searching procedures suitable for engine optimization fulfilling different design, operation constraints and using different amounts of input data, available according to the current stage of the design.
CitationBogomolov, S., Macek, J., Mikulec, A., and Valasek, M., "Design Assistance System and Its Application," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0916, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0916.
- Hejlsberg, A. Torgersen, M. Wiltamuth, S. Golde, P. C# Programming Language, The 4th 2010
- Tansley, D.S.W. Hayball, C.C. Knowledge-Based Systems Analysis and Design Prentice Hall Hemel Hampstead 1993
- Motta, E. Zdrahal, Z. Parametric Design Problem Solving KAW 96 Banff, Canada 1996
- Chandrasekaran, B. 1990 Design Problem Solving: A Task Analysis AI Magazine 11 4 59 71
- Stefik, M. 1995 Introduction to Knowledge Systems Morgan Kaufmann 1995
- Zdrahal, Z. Motta, E. An In-Depth Analysis of Propose & Revise Problem Solving Methods Proc. of the 9th KAW 95 Banff Canada 1995
- Macek, J. Valášek, M. “Computer Aided Configuration Design of Internal Combustion Engines - CED System,” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0903 2002 10.4271/2002-01-0903
- “XML 1.0 Specification” W3.org
- Bogomolov, S. Mikulec, A. Macek, J. “Development of Design Assistance System and Its Application for Engine Concept Modeling,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-37-0030 2011 10.4271/2011-37-0030
- Lejkin, A. S. Strain and Durability of Machine Parts with Complicated Shapes Mašinostrojenije Moscow 1968
- Eberhard, S. Form factors for ICE crankshafts (in German) MTZ 1973 34 7 and 9
- Kmoch, M. Crankshaft Web Stress Factors and Optimization Diploma Thesis Czech Technical University 2010