This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Biodiesel Permeability in Polyethylene
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper reports solubility, diffusivity and permeability data for soy and rapeseed methyl esters in polyethylene together with comparisons with methyl oleate and linoleate. These data were used to discuss the reliability of predictive models for diffusion and solubility of additive type molecules into semi-crystalline thermoplastic polymers.
CitationRichaud, E., "Biodiesel Permeability in Polyethylene," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0747, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0747.
- Haseeb, A.S.M.A. Jun, T.S. Fazal, M.A. Masjuk, H.H. Energy 361 3 2011 1814 1819
- Demirbas, A. Energy conversion and management 49 1 2008 125 130
- Van, D.W. Krevelen, K. Te Nijenhuis Properties of polymers, their correlation with chemical structure; their numerical estimation and prediction from additive group contributions 4th Amsterdam Elsevier 2009 655 702
- Yuan, W. Hansen, A.C. Zhang, Q. Fuel 84 7-8 2005 943 950
- Lipkind, D. Kapustin, Y. Umnahanant, P. Chikos, J.S. Thermochimica Acta 456 2 2007 94 101
- Helmroth, E. Varekamp, C. Dekker, M. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 85 2005 909 916
- Helmroth, E. Rijk, R. Dekker, M. Jongen, W. Trends in Food Science & Technology 13 3 2002 102 109
- Limm, W. Hollifield, H.C. Food Additives and Contaminants 13 8 1996 949 967
- Brandsch, J. Mercea, P. Piringer, O. Modeling of Additive Diffusion Coefficients in Polyolefins Risch, SJ Food Packaging Testing Methods and Applications Washington DC ACS Symposium Series 753 2000 27 36
- Piringer, O. Evaluation of plastics for food packaging Food Additive and Contaminants 11 1994 221 230
- Begley, T. Castle, L. Feigenbaum, A. Franz, R. Hinrichs, K. Lickly, T. Mercea, P. Milana, M. O'Brien, A. Rebre, S. Rijk, R. Piringer, O. Food Additives and Contaminants 22 1 2005 73 90