This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Ventilation Characteristics of Modeled Compact Car Part 6 - Numerical Analysis of Heat Transfer Characteristics by CRI
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the present study, numerical simulation coupling convection and radiation in vehicle was done to analyze the formation of the temperature field under the non-uniform thermal condition. The scaled cabin model of simplified compact car was used and the thermal condition was determined. The fore floor, the top side of the inst. panel, the front window and the ceiling were heat source. The lateral side walls were cooled by the outdoor air and the other surfaces were adiabatic. It is same with the experimental condition presented in Part 5. In order to analyze the individual influence of each heat source, Contribution Ratio of Indoor climate (CRI) index was used. CRI is defined as the ratio of the temperature rise at a point from one individual heat source to the temperature rise under the perfect mixing conditions for the same heat source. The simulation results showed the large gradient of the air temperature in the vicinity of the ceiling above the front seat and the temperature in other area was almost 18°C. There was circulating flow inside the cabin from the supplied jet to back flow to fore along with the floor. The comparison with the measurement result showed the tendency of that higher temperature had the larger difference between the simulation and the measurement. CRI distribution gave the contribution of the individual heat source to the temperature field and the front window affected to the wide area temperature in the vertical center section of second opening compared with the other heat source.
- Minoru Inoue - Mazda Motor Corporation
- Yoshiichi Ozeki - Asahi Glass Co Ltd
- Shinsuke Kato - IIS, the University of Tokyo
- Hideaki Nagano - Tokyo City University
- Itsuhei Kohri - Tokyo City University
- Yoshihisa Kitano - ISUZU MOTORS LIMITED
- Kazuhiko Matsunaga - ISUZU MOTORS LIMITED
- Weirong Zhang - The University of Tokyo
CitationNagano, H., Inoue, M., Ozeki, Y., Zhang, W. et al., "Ventilation Characteristics of Modeled Compact Car Part 6 - Numerical Analysis of Heat Transfer Characteristics by CRI," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0640, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0640.
- Ozeki, Y. Yang, J. Nagano, H. Kato, S. et al. “Ventilation Characteristics of Modeled Compact Car Part 1 Airflow Velocity Measurement with PIV,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 1 1 631 639 2009 10.4271/2008-01-0732
- Kato, S. Murakami, S. New ventilation efficiency scales based on spatial distribution of contaminant concentration aided by numerical simulation ASHRAE Transaction 94 2 309 330 1988
- Sandberg, M. The use of moments for ventilation assessing air quality in ventilated room Building and Environment 18 1983
- Kato, S. Murakami, S. Kobayashi, H. New scales for assessing contribution of heat sources and sinks to temperature distributions in room by means of numerical simulation Proceedings of Roomvent 1994 539 557 1994
- Sasamoto, T. Kato, S. Zhang, W. Control of indoor thermal environment based on concept of contribution ratio of indoor climate Building Simulation 3 4 263 278 2010