This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Comparison of Coaxial and Non-Coaxial Internal Heat Exchangers
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper will compare systematically coaxial and non-coaxial internal heat exchanger types on the component and the system level as applied to R1234yf mobile air conditioning (MAC) systems. Pressure drop, heat transfer rate, effectiveness, and efficiency ratio of the Internal Heat Exchanger (IHX) are compared on the component level for the different heat exchanger types. At the system level, a MAC system optimized for efficiency as well as evaporator cooling capacity is used to assess these different internal heat exchanger types. System level factors that will be discussed include IHX heat transfer rate, pressure drop, compressor efficiency, compressor discharge temperatures, and the impact of these factors on the efficiency and capacity of the MAC system. This paper also describes the test bench used for the system level tests and the testing procedure applied.
CitationSeybold, L., Hill, W., Pietsch, K., and Lazaridis, I., "Comparison of Coaxial and Non-Coaxial Internal Heat Exchangers," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0319, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0319.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Light-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards and Corporate Average Fuel Economy Standards, Federal Register 75 88 May 7 2010
- Kurata, S. Suzuki, T. Ogura, K. “Double-pipe Internal Heat Exchanger for Efficiency Improvement in Front Automotive Air Conditioning System,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1523 2007 10.4271/2007-01-1523
- Mathur, G. “Enhancing AC System Performance with a Suction Line Heat Exchanger with Refrigerant HFO-1234yf,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0133 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0133
- Seybold, L. Hill, W. Robin, J. “Internal Heat Exchanger System Integration for R1234yf Refrigerant,” SAE Int. J. Mater. Manuf. 4 1 181 194 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0128
- Seybold, L. Hill, W. Zimmer, C. “Internal Heat Exchanger Design Performance Criteria for R134a and HFO-1234yf,” SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1210 2010 10.4271/2010-01-1210
- Moisés, A. Neto, Marcelino Barbosa, Jader R. Jr. “Modeling of State and Thermodynamic Cycle Properties of HFO-1234yf Using a Cubic Equation of State” J. Braz. Soc. Mech. Sci. & Eng. 32 Dec. 2010 10.1590/S1678-58782010000500005
- Klimatische Daten und PKW-Nutzung, FAT-Schriftenreihe 224 2009