This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Internal Heat Exchanger Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop Effect on System Performance and Compressor Discharge Temperature
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
As Internal Heat eXchanger (IHX) applications become more numerous for R-134a, and because they will likely become standard with R-1234yf, a detailed look at how they influence system parameters becomes necessary. This paper uses a proprietary air-conditioning system model to evaluate the system impact of three different IHX co-axial geometries. The three IHX cross-sections result in different heat transfer and pressure drops per unit length. The model assumes a 1,000mm suction line, including an IHX whose length is varied from 200mm to 800mm, in 100mm increments.
|Technical Paper||Comparison of Coaxial and Non-Coaxial Internal Heat Exchangers|
|Journal Article||Internal Heat Exchanger System Integration for R1234yf Refrigerant|
|Technical Paper||CFD Study of Phase Separators in A/C Automotive Systems|
CitationMeyer, J., "Internal Heat Exchanger Heat Transfer and Pressure Drop Effect on System Performance and Compressor Discharge Temperature," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0318, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0318.
- Domanski, P A. Didion, D. A. Doyle, J. P. “Evaluation of Suction-Line/Liquid-Line Heat Exchange in the Refrigeration Cycle” Rev. Int. Froid 17 7 487 493 1994
- Klien, S. A. Reindl, D. T. Brownell, K. “Refrigeration System Performance using Liquid-Suction Heat Exchangers” Rev. Int. Froid 23 588 596 2000
- Pettersen, J. “Refrigerant R-744 Fundamentals” VDA Winter Meeting Saalfelden, Austria 2002
- Hrnjak, P. “Improvement Options for CO2 and R134a Systems” VDA Winter Meeting Saalfelden, Austria 2006
- Kurata, S. Suzuki, T. Ogura, K. “Double-pipe Internal Heat Exchanger for Efficiency Improvement in Front Automotive Air Conditioning System,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1523 2007 10.4271/2007-01-1523
- Federal Register May 7 2010 25427 25431
- Meyer, J. “R1234yf System Enhancements and Comparison to R134a,” Presentation at the SAE Alternate Refrigerant System Symposium June 2008
- Seybold, L. Hill, W. Zimmer, C. “Internal Heat Exchanger Design Performance Criteria for R134a and HFO-1234yf,” SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1210 2010 10.4271/2010-01-1210