This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Linear Vehicle Model Identification Under Different Speed Based on ARMA Model
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Vehicle model plays an important role during the development process of a new car chassis. There are 2 different ways to set up the vehicle mathematics model, one is set up based on understanding the system mechanism and the other is based on system identification technique. In this paper, the transfer functions of the vehicle at 100 km/h, including yaw rate to the steering angle and lateral acceleration to the steering angle, were identified. And then the transfer functions under other forward speed were derived through studying two degrees of freedom vehicle model equation. At last the identified model at different speed was used to analysis the stability of closed loop system from the classical control theory viewpoint.
CitationBai, Y., Crolla, D., Guan, H., and Zong, C., "Linear Vehicle Model Identification Under Different Speed Based on ARMA Model," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0249, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0249.
- Abe, M. and Manning, W., Vehicle handling dynamics: theory and application. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2009.
- Segel, L., “Theoretical prediction and experimental substantiation of the response of the automobile to steering control”, ARCHIVE: Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Automobile Division 1947-1970, vol. 1956, pp. 310-330, Jun 1956.
- Okada, T., Takiguchi, T., Nishioka, M., and Utsunomiya, G., “Evaluation of Vehicle Handling and Stability by Computer Simulation at the First Stage of Vehicle Planning,” SAE Technical Paper 730525, 1973, doi: 10.4271/730525.
- Guo, KongHui, Vehicle dynamics. JiangSu phoenix science press, 2011.
- Speckhart, F., “A Computer Simulation for Three-Dimensional Vehicle Dynamics,” SAE Technical Paper 730526, 1973, doi: 10.4271/730526.
- Heydinger, G., Garrott, W., Chrstos, J., and Guenther, D., “A Methodology for Validating Vehicle Dynamics Simulations,” SAE Technical Paper 900128 1990, doi: 10.4271/900128.
- Wei, Zhang, “An Analysis of Vehicle Dynamic Real-Time Simulation for Uneven Road Condition”, Doctor thesis, Jilin University, Changchun, 2004. (in Chinese)
- Hong, Jiazhen, Computational Dynamics of Multibody Systems. Higher Education Press, 2003.(in Chinese)
- Dazhong, Zheng, Linear System Theory (Second Edition). Tsinghua University Press, 2005. (in Chinese)
- Russo, M., Russo, R., and Volpe, A., “Car Parameters Identification by Handling Manoeuvres”, Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 34, pp. 423-436, Dec 2000.
- Roether, F. and Müller, P. C., “INSTRUMENTAL VARIABLE IDENTIFICATION IN VEHICLE DYNAMICS”, Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 17, pp. 348-356, Jan 1988.
- KropáC, O. and Sprinc, J., “Identification of the System Vehicle-Road Parameters”, Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 11, pp. 241-249, Sep 1982.
- Ming, YUAN, Songbo, LI and Jianwu, ZHANG, “Vehicle Model System Identification with Non-persistent Exciting Input Partly”, JOURNAL OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, vol. 45, no. 9, 2009. (in Chinese)
- Xiqiang, GUAN, Ming, YUAN, Jianwu, Zhang, “Identification of the Vehicle Handling System Based on Subspace Method”, JOURNAL OF SH ANGH AI JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY, vol. 45, no. 4, Apr 2011.(in Chinese)
- Hiroshi, Harada, “Stability Criteria and Evaluation of Steering Maneuver in Driver-Vehicle System”, JSME International Journal 37, no. 1, C (1994): 115
- Yan, Bai, Hsin, Guan, and Crolla, Dave, “Vehicle Handling Dynamics - an Evaluation of Objective Metrics”, presented at the AVEC 10, Loughborough, 2010.