This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimization of Bus Body Based on Vehicle Interior Vibration
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to solve the abnormal vibration of a light bus, order tracking analysis of finite element simulation and road test was made to identify the vibration source, finding that the rotation angular frequency of the wheels and the first two natural frequency of the body structure overlaps, resonance occurring which lead to increased vibration. To stagger the first two natural frequency and excitation frequency of the body, thickness of sheet metal and skeleton of the body-in-white were chosen as the design variables, rise of the first two natural frequency of the body-in-white as the optimization objective, optimal design and sensitivity analysis of the body-in-white was carried out with the modal analysis theory. Combining with the modal sensitivity and mass sensitivity of sheet metal and skeleton, the optimum design was achieved and tests analysis was conducted. Comparing the test results before and after optimization, the effectiveness and rationality of the optimization is verified.
CitationWu, G., Shi, W., Liu, W., and Chen, Z., "Optimization of Bus Body Based on Vehicle Interior Vibration," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0221, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0221.
- van der Linden, P. Wyckaert, K. “Modular Vehicle Noise and Vibration Development,” SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1689 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1689
- Adams, M. Ponseele, P. “Sound Quality Equivalent Modeling for Virtual Car Sound Synthesis,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1540 2001 10.4271/2001-01-1540
- Jian, Pang Gang, Hua, He Automotive Noise and Vibration: Principle and Application Beijing Institute of Technology Press 2006 13 14
- Onsay, T. Akanda, A. Goetchius, G. “Vibro-Acoustic Behavior of Bead-Stiffened Flat Panels: FEA, SEA, and Experimental Analysis,” SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-1698 1999 10.4271/1999-01-1698
- Marroquin, M. “A Comparison of Seven Different Noise Identification Techniques,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1690 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1690
- Albright, M. Qian, S. “A Comparison of the Newly Proposed Gabor Order Tracking Technique vs. Other Order Tracking Methods,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1471 2001 10.4271/2001-01-1471
- Moeller, M. Thomas, R. Maruvada, H. Chandra, N. et al. “An Assessment of a FEA NVH CAE Body Model for Design Capability,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1401 2001 10.4271/2001-01-1401
- Hamilton, D. “Frequency Domain Considerations in Vehicle Design for Optimal Structural Feel,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1344 2000 10.4271/2000-01-1344
- Zhiyong, Chen Wenku, Shi Zhihong, Shen Fuxiang, Guo Deguang, Fang Modal analysis for body and frame of a light-type bus Journal of Vibration and Shock 2010 29 10 244 246
- Rudroju, S Gupta, A Yandamuri, S Operational Modal Analysis of Aluminum Beams Journal of the lest 2007 50 1 74 85
- Keyu, Qi Zhengjia, He Zhen, Li et al. Vibration based operational modal analysis of rotor systems Measurement 2008 41 7 810 816
- Chang-ming, CHEN Qiang, XIAO Modal Sensitivity Analysis and Structure Optimization of the Body-in-White Journal of Shandong Jiaotong University 2009 17 2 1 5
- Deblauwe, F. Van de Ponseele, P. “A Sound Quality System for Engineers,” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-3834 2001 10.4271/2001-01-3834