This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Pressure Control Strategies of Dual Clutches in the Gear-shift Process of Wet-type DCT
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Precise control of the pressure of hydraulic oil acting on the dual clutches plays a crucial role during the gear-shift process of wet-type dual clutch transmission (DCT) to implement power shift (i.e., torque-interruption-free gear-shift) and to improve shift quality. Firstly, the hydraulic control system for the dual clutches of DCT were developed, based on that, the dynamic model of the hydraulic control system was built that was further integrated into a dynamic model of wet-type DCT. Secondly, the influence of oil pressure on evaluation indices for the gear-shift process such as shift jerk and friction work were discussed theoretically, and the determinant principle of the target oil pressure of dual clutches during both up- and downshift processes was discussed, a PID controller and a fuzzy controller were also designed respectively to trace the oil target pressure of dual clutches during the gear-shift process of DCT. Finally, the simulation models including PID (proportional, integral, and derivative) and fuzzy controllers respectively for the gearshift process of wet-type DCT were built using MATLAB/Simulink, and the effectiveness of PID and fuzzy controllers were analyzed via simulation comparison. Simulation results show that the PID controller can trace the target pressure precisely, and gets better performance indices regarding shift jerk and friction work.
CitationYin, X., Liao, Z., Li, P., Zhong, Y. et al., "Pressure Control Strategies of Dual Clutches in the Gear-shift Process of Wet-type DCT," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0113, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0113.
- Kulkarni, M. Shim, T. et al. Shift Dynamics and Control of Dual-Clutch Transmissions Mechanism and Machine Theory 42 2 2007 168 182
- Liao, Z. Yin, X. et al. Modeling and Simulation of the Shift Process for Wet-type Dual Clutch Transmission Proc. of the International Conference on E-Product, E-Service and E-Entertainment (ICEEE 2010) 6 2010 3839 3842
- Liao, Z. Study on Shift Control Strategy of Wet Dual Clutch Transmission [Dissertation] Xihua University 2011
- Xiao, Y. Design and Research of the Hydraulic Operating Arrangement for Dual-Clutch Transmission [Dissertation] Shanghai Jiao Tong University 2008
- Zhao, G. Fuzzy-PID Control in Electro-Hydraulic Proportional Valve System of Multi-Function Snow-Clean Vehicles [Dissertation] Jilin University 2005
- Ge, A. Shen, B. Study on AMT Gear Shifting Behavior Automotive Technology 2 2003 43 45