This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hydrodynamic Synchromesh Automated Transmission Optimization and Control Aimed for Fuel Consumption Reduction
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2012 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With the work medium of automatic transmission fluid (ATF), torque converter (TC) functions perfect performances such as smooth start, torque amplification, and the peak load restraint, and these properties makes the TC most suitable for off-road vehicles.
An idea on the integration of TC and synchromesh gear box with their respective advantages is explored and introduced in this paper; here the system is named as Hydrodynamic Synchromesh Automated Transmission (HSAT). An automated control system makes the gear box as an automated manual transmission (AMT). HSAT takes TC as the starting device and accomplish shift process through AMT. The flow field optimized TC structure and the match calculation among the three parts of engine, TC and synchromesh gearbox; made this powertrain system has a good performance and the ability to reduce the fuel consumption.
Another work presented in this work is to reduce the fuel consumption through the transferring of the working point, when the vehicle driving on different road conditions. That means the transmission shift algorithm, TC lock-up clutch control strategy is optimized, to make the engine work at the optimum area, and fuel consumption is reduced.
CitationHu, T., Lei, Y., and Qiu, J., "Hydrodynamic Synchromesh Automated Transmission Optimization and Control Aimed for Fuel Consumption Reduction," SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0109, 2012, https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-0109.
- Hu, Tinghui, “Study on Wet Clutch Operation and Control in the Integration System of Torque Converter and Automated Manual Transmission” Jilin University Master Dissertation, 2009
- Tian, Hua, “Research on the Modern Design Theory of Torque Converter”, Jilin University PhD Dissertation, 2005
- Wang, Jian, Ge, Anlin, Lei, Yulong, Tian, Hua. Study on 3-D Molding Method for Blade of Torque Converters Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition).2007(1)
- Yulong, L. and Hua, T., “Research on Accurate Engagement Control of Electrohydraulic Clutch Actuator,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1787, 2005, doi:10.4271/2005-01-1787.
- Naunheimer, Harald, Bertsche, Bernd, Ryborz, Joachim, Novak, Wolfgang, Automotive Transmissions: fundamentals, selection, design and application, Springer, Berlin, e-ISBN 978-3-642-16214-5, 2011.
- Lhomme, W., Trigui, R., Bouscayrol, A.; Delarue, P., Jeanneret, B., Badin, F., “Validation of Mechanical Transmission with Clutch using Hardware-In-the-Loop Simulation,” Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, 2007, IEEE
- Wang, W., Song, J., and Li, X., “Simulation of AMT Autoshift Process Based on Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow,” SAE Technical Paper, 2004-01-2055, 2004, doi:10.4271/2004-01-2055.
- Chen, L. and Xi, G., “Real-time Analysis for Electronically Controlled Unit of Vehicle Automatic Mechanical Transmission,” SAE Technical Paper, 2005-01-3589, 2005, doi:10.4271/2005-01-3589.
- Shang, Mingli, “Reseach on the slip control argorithm and hardware-in-the-loop technology of TC+AMT”, Jilin University Master Dissertation, 2008
- Li, Guanghui; Hu, Jianjun, “Modeling and analysis of shift schedule for automatic transmission vehicle based on fuzzy neural network”, 8th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA), 7-9 July 2010
- Jafri, Firoz Ali, Shukla, Amit, Thompson, David F., “A numerical bifurcation study of friction effects in a slip-controlled torque converter clutch,” Nonlinear Dynamics, Volume 50, Number 3, Springer Netherlands, November, 2007
- Qu, Jinyu, Liu, Daquan, “An Optimal Method for Dynamic Three-Parameter Fuel Economy Shift Schedule of AMT,” Information Engineering and Computer Science, 2009. ICIECS 2009, Wuhan, China
- Ye, Ming, Qin, Datong, Liu, Zhenjun, “Optimization of Economy Shift Rule for Mild Hybrid Electric System Equipped with Automatic Manual Transmission,” Journal of System Simulation, June 2008
- Qu, Jinyu; Liu, Daquan, “An Optimal Method for Dynamic Three-Parameter Fuel Economy Shift Schedule of AMT”, ICIECS 2009. International Conference on Information Engineering and Computer Science, 19-20 Dec. 2009
- Hu, T, Inderwisch, K, Mustafa, R, Küçükay, F, “Identification and optimization of the powertrain thermal system”, VTMS 10 - Vehicle Thermal Management Systems, 15 May 2011-19 May 2011
- Hofmann, Peter, “Hybridfahrzeuge, ein alternatives Antriebskonzept für die Zukunft” Springer, Berlin, ISBN 978-3-211-89190-2